Whats best to use?

mulli01

Reaction score
Hi

I'm after some advice please. I'm wondering whats the best polishing and waxing products to use on my S3. It's a X-reg (2000) mineral grey (i think the paint code is LST 0M2 Y7K), the paint work is in fairly good nick except for some light swrils.

I've been using megs stuff for the past year or so and i've been pretty pleased with it, but i've seen some of the finishes by the people on this polished bliss forum and it's made eyes pop out by how good they look, and if i could get my car to look half as good i'd be well pleased!

What i plan to do once the weather picks up a bit is give my car a good wash, clay it, then use some menzerna power finish/intensive polish to remove the swrils (by hand).

But i'm unsure of what additional polish and wax to use, i'm thinking the Jeffs acrylic stuff but like i say i'm unsure - has anyone used this? and how good and easy is it to apply?

any suggestions/comments welcome

I would have added a photo but this is my first post so i don't know how to attach one yet, but once i figure out how to do it i will

Picture024.jpg

I have used the Jeffs Acrylic.....it really is easy to use and the results are fantastic.

I like to try other products though. I'm currently using .......(I've included the relevant blurb....)

Poorboys White Diamond Glaze

Poorboys White Diamond Glaze is an easy-on, easy-off light coloured glaze that cleans paint and fills swirl marks to leave a brilliantly slick show car shine ready for wax or sealant protection. This cutting edge glaze is designed for detailers and enthusiasts looking for an easy way to hide and mask light to moderate swirl marks and defects caused by every day wear and tear. Poorboys White Diamond Glaze can be easily applied by hand or by dual action machine with relatively little effort and with equally good results. It can be used as often as needed to create a super slick surface visibly free from swirls and wash marring, and can be safely intermixed with layers of wax or sealant protection.

Poorboys EX-P Sealant

Poorboys EX-P Sealant is an amino-functional, resin-based sealant that really brings out the brilliance and clarity of metallic and pearlescent paint finishes. Unlike some sealants, Poorboys EX-P Sealant can be layered to give additional gloss and protection, and can be topped with further coats of wax protection to give an even wetter looking shine if desired. Following easy application, it effectively adds a layer of transparent protection to painted surfaces that stubbornly resists abrasion, acid rain, sea salt and industrial fallout for up to three months at a time.

Dodo Juice Diamond White

Sparkling results from this diamond geezer, Dodo White is a colour-charged hard wax for light coloured cars.
With the durability you demand from a Dodo hard wax, but without the colour. Made with coconut oil, almond oil, white beeswax and micronised white carnauba. Perfect for white, silver and other light coloured cars.
Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, White Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil.

Cheers for that S3fan, which one do you think gave you the best results?

Also i've got some BBS LM's (18's) to put on once the council stop salting/gritting the roads (and when they fix all the pot holes!), do you have any recommendations on a sealant to use to help me with the cleaning of the rims?

With regard to the paint correction and protection, our brand new online FAQ has plenty of useful info and pictures for you to review (also be sure to look at the sticky thread about polishing Audi paint at the top of this section)...

FAQ on polishing hard paint by hand - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice-faq.html#3.7

FAQ on best products to use on mid-tone metallics - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice-faq.html#4.4

When it comes to the wheels, on such an expensive set of rims I'd suggest the full works and the multi-layer protection afforded by the contents of our Wheel Protection Kit - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/wheel-protection-kit-wheels.html. :icon_thumright:

thanks for your help, i now know what i'm going to use - i just hope i can get somewhere near to the same finish as the cars pictured on the links you sent me!

Thanks again

Cheers for that S3fan, which one do you think gave you the best results?

Also i've got some BBS LM's (18's) to put on once the council stop salting/gritting the roads (and when they fix all the pot holes!), do you have any recommendations on a sealant to use to help me with the cleaning of the rims?

I bought the werkstat prime strong and poorboys wheel sealant from polished bliss. very good results.