A4 Detail first atempt

paul_a3_tdi130

Reaction score
First real attempt and spending alot of time cleaning my A4

Sorry i don't have any before pictures but the car hadn't been washed for a week or so and i done over 600miles last week so as you can imagine the car was mucky lol

DSCF0225.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0228.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0229.jpg

I tuck all these pictures before waxing the car as it was starting to get dark and i wanted to get some pictures lol

After wax in dark

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

The interior was given a quick hoover and wipe down

DSCF0251.jpg

DSCF0254.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

Process:
Washed with 2 bucket method
Dryed
meguiars clay bar with meguiarsshop quick detailer
Polished using AG
1 coat of meguiars wax
Wheels cleaned with some valeting wheel cleaner did the job but the wheels where already clean after a rinse with the jet wash
Tyres dressed using cheap tyre spray from the £ shop (need to get some good tyre black)

For my first real crack at it i'm happy with the finish but really need to learn how to take better pictures the reflection was exellent in the daylight.

Any comments please

Nice first job, getting good images is always harder than it sounds, but you did okay - you can see a nice looking gloss to the paint. As for how to move forward in the future? Well, detailing is a slippery slope in terms of addition, so see where your nose leads you. Getting a really decent wash kit together is task number one, then a good glaze and protective system for hand use. After that, if you want to take your paint further, then machine polishing is the next logical step to remove the swirls... :sm4: