What to use to remove wax?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I've given my car the full 3 stage Meguiars treatment, but I've managed to lock some tar spots under the polish and it's starting to bug me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

How do I go about removing the polish that I've put on?

As I think I am going to use the deep body scrub on it to remove it completly. Then re-apply the 3 stage kit.

Cheers in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hmm not sure if it will or not.

I've heard people talk about a de-waxer/greaser solution. Anyone know of the proper product?

[ QUOTE ]
paul_brad said:
Can you not just use meths? (me=amateur)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought not.

go to halford/motorist center .etc and get some tar removing spray...that'll shift it.

Rich

try dishwashing soap... that removes the wax at least but not sure about the polish

Hi ImolaS4,

Is there a technique to prevent the claybar smearing? I use Meguair's Quik Detailer to lubricate, but it always tends to smear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not sure what you mean exactly by "smear". But....

First make sure you're not putting down any pressure - just the weight of the bar. And keep rotating the bar by re-molding it and folding the dirt into the inside of the bar. Only a small section requires me to remold. It's time consuming, but I don't want to leave any hairline scratches just because I was impatient.

I use an equivalent detailer spray for lube so I don't think it's the Meg. Q-D. I've used distilled water as an alternative. I know... they say not to use water, but distilled water worked for me, too.

I must be using an inferior claybar. The one I purchased from Maguiar's was very small (approx 2"x3") and hardly worth it. I get the impression you are using something a bit bigger ...

fyi

English Dictionary interpretation of the word 'Smear'

1. to spread (something sticky or oily) thickly over (a surface).

2. to make or become blurred; to smudge.

The one word says it all! .. and that's the beauty of the English language ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif