AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Spent a few hours on my S3 yesterday

Well hello everyone this is my first post here so go easy on me, having nothing to do yesterday I decided to spend some time on my Audi S3

first of all the car was hosed down to remove the lose grit and dirt on the car then it was washed using the 2 bucket method and some meguiars cold class shampoo, the wheels were cleaned using menzerna gel 7.5 and finally sealed with 2 coats of poorboys wheel sealant then I dried the car using the water magnet towel and began to clay the full car, clay bar didnt really pick up much except on the bottoms of the doors, after that I set to work with a new product I had bought that morning from polished bliss which was the blackfire gloss enhancing polish and I must say I was very impressed, gave a really wet look to the paint, then I applied a layer of meguiars nxt liquid wax to seal it off, both polish and wax were allied by hand. Exhausts were cleaned with autosol and engine was cleaned with p21s then some 303 aerospace protectant on top, tires were dressed with blackfire tire gel. For my first go im quite impressed,

Now I just need to go out and buy a dual action machine polisher.

Here is some pics from throughout the clean, like I said this is one of my first proper attempts so go easy on me folks!

Before;

Wheel cleaned;

Washed;

Polish;

And finally some shots of it finished!

Thanks for looking.
    Ross
    2002 Audi S3 - Ming Blue - Forge 007P - De-Cat pipe - K&N air intake - Custom Code Remap - Tinted windows

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    Looks well, like the reg number.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    nice job, adjust yours images fella to remove the plate, but man I miss my S3 8L but everything has its time huh

the drivers headlight washer needs fixing, you can actually pull it out & hold the jet while seeing why its tad loose, its probably worn locaters for the cap as its just literally 1 hole each side of the cap & these holes clip over 2 pegs that stick out of the jet sides, maybe the holes have been made slightly longer, maybe a slight bit of adjustment on the plastic of the holes will pull them in more so flush fella, can always buy new ones & paint, easy to fit

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Looks very nice

Shame you can't drive it now ......
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Beautiful car and one of the best amateur detailing jobs I've seen. You've inspired me to get some Blackfire and give mine a go. Hats off to you.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Blow ma own trumpet?

Status
    Yeh mate, damn nice shots too....! Part time photog?

Particularly like this one!
    Ford Mondeo 2.0i Durtec Ghia X Estate
    Leather / Dog Hair.

Dieselfitter 251
    A4 avant '97 1.9tdi q
    a.k.a. STINKY
    [B]250k!
    ..she's gooooonnnne!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    nice job, adjust yours images fella to remove the plate, but man I miss my S3 8L but everything has its time huh

the drivers headlight washer needs fixing, you can actually pull it out & hold the jet while seeing why its tad loose, its probably worn locaters for the cap as its just literally 1 hole each side of the cap & these holes clip over 2 pegs that stick out of the jet sides, maybe the holes have been made slightly longer, maybe a slight bit of adjustment on the plastic of the holes will pull them in more so flush fella, can always buy new ones & paint, easy to fit
    Thanks for that mate it only appeard to come loose recently and i have no idea why, i will try pulling it out tomorrow to see what is wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Beautiful car and one of the best amateur detailing jobs I've seen. You've inspired me to get some Blackfire and give mine a go. Hats off to you.
    Thanks mate i gave it a good go considering the weather was cold

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfitter251 View Post
    Yeh mate, damn nice shots too....! Part time photog?

Particularly like this one!
    yeh a do a wee bit of photography on the side but never edit any of my images as prefer it that way so what you see is what you get!

Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Looks very nice

Shame you can't drive it now ......
    ha ha tell me about it, pain in the arse these roads!
    2002 Audi S3 - Ming Blue - Forge 007P - De-Cat pipe - K&N air intake - Custom Code Remap - Tinted windows

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    looks real good mate but looking at where you live/cleaned it unfortunatly it will be like it was before in no time, really annoying is it, im for ever washing my car

4th Gear

Status
    notice theres no wax on it - did you put any on afters? need it for winter protection

nice motah

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks very nice Ross, i also have a ming blue S3 and have used the blackfire polish and finished with the blackfire sealent the finish is unreal, very impressed good job there,

Polished Bliss

Status
    Lovely job, well done, and great photography too! In the long run, upgrading to either the Blackfire sealant (Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection) or the wax (Midnight Sun) will give you even greater gloss and durability over the NXT, but other than that your product selection is exactly what I would be using for the tasks covered. Hat's off that man, stunning effort... you may wish to e-mail me a link to this thread for our show n shine competition. You could get a result and win enough to get the polisher!

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/show.html

Reverse Gear

Status
    thaks for all the comments folks,

Rich, i have sent you an email thanks for that!

Ross

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Ross that looks stunning mate.

The reflections are mind blowing!!!!

Pics are awesome too