Polished Bliss: Audi TTS New Car Detail

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
I did this car back in September, but just realised I hadn't posted it on here yet...

My word, what a week... and it’s not over yet! Clark has been off sunning himself abroad somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic this week, so yours truly had to step into the very big boots he left behind and do some detailing for a change. No pressure then...

The car: brand new Audi TTS with delivery mileage on the clock, in for a full new car preparation detail and a coat of Vintage ready for the winter. Audi were asked not to prepare it in any way, but even so it was handed over with the wraps removed. The initial inspection revealed no major problems, other than some etching from fresh bird’s droppings, a few minor scratches and some wash marring. I assume this was from the factory, as the level of grime in all of the shuts suggested that the dealership had indeed done nothing to it.

Before

tts1.jpg

tts2.jpg

tts3.jpg

tts4.jpg

tts5.jpg

tts6.jpg

tts7.jpg

During

Firstly, all of the shuts were washed with P21S Total Auto Wash and a Meguiars Slide Lock Detail Brush before being rinsed at pressure at 40oC. The engine was also given a once over in the same way, and blown dry with a leaf blower. The exterior was then foamed using Meguiars Hyper Wash at 40oC and left to dwell for five minutes or so before being rinsed off. The wheels were then cleaned using both Menzerna Gel 7.5 and Autosmart Tardis; the latter was required to remove adhesive traces from virtually all of the spokes, presumably from the transport wraps. The bodywork was then washed with Meguiars Shampoo Plus using the two bucket method and rinsed once more. The car was then moved inside for the claying stage. Work time so far – 3 hours.

tts8.jpg

tts9.jpg

tts10.jpg

tts11.jpg

tts12.jpg

tts13.jpg

tts14.jpg

tts15.jpg

tts16.jpg

Unsurprisingly, the bodywork and glass were quite heavily contaminated; initially it felt like overspray, but the colour change of the clay suggested that industrial fallout was the more likely culprit. Meguiars Detailing Clay Mild was used, with Meguiars Last Touch as the lubricant. With the paint now properly clean, it was time for the minor correction work. I started out using Menzerna 85RD on a 3M Ultrafina Pad, and this proved perfect for the wash marring, but in areas affected by etching and minor scratches, I had to step up to Menzerna 106FA on a 3M Polishing Pad. In a couple of cases I opted to correct small scratches by hand with Menzerna RD3.02, as there was simply no need to waste time changing pads on the machine. The lighting clusters were all corrected in the same way, using Menzerna 85RD. With the polishing done I went home to bed (another 11pm finish!). Work time so far – 15 hours.

tts17.jpg

tts18.jpg

tts19.jpg

tts20.jpg

tts21.jpg

tts22.jpg

tts23.jpg

tts24.jpg

tts25.jpg

tts26.jpg

tts27.jpg

tts28.jpg

tts29.jpg

tts30.jpg

tts31.jpg

The next day, I started out by dusting down the bodywork and then doing a Menzerna Top Inspection wipedown. Vintage was then applied to the bodywork, and left to cure while I worked on the interior and the engine bay. The interior plastics were dressed with Werkstat Satin Prot, which is unbeatable on Audi plastics, and the leather was fed with Raceglaze Leather Balm. The glass was cleansed and sealed inside and out with Werkstat Prime Strong. The engine bay was dressed with 303 Aerospace Protectant, and all of the shuts then waxed with Vintage. Whilst I had been doing all of this, Marsha had sealed the wheels with Poorboys Wheel Sealant and dressed the tyres with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel; she’s a natural, and will be trained up further in the future. The final step was to buff off the Vintage, seal the exhaust tips with Blackfire All Metal Sealant and then a couple of hours later do a final wipe down with Meguiars Last Touch to remove any rising oils. Total work time – 20 hours.

tts32.jpg

tts33.jpg

tts34.jpg

After

tts35.jpg

tts36.jpg

tts37.jpg

tts38.jpg

tts39.jpg

tts40.jpg

tts41.jpg

tts42.jpg

tts43.jpg

tts44.jpg

tts45.jpg

tts46.jpg

tts47.jpg

Oh dear... looking at that last picture, I think it is high time that I give the VTS a wash!

:icon_thumright:

I cant say much more than what a wicked job mate seriously for me its best seen to date but then what do I know but its good really good.

another grand job you guys have done there
wicked looking car ,
anyone know what colour it is ?