Polished Bliss vs 20 year old 911 Supersport

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Done by Clark on Friday last week...

---

Today I was working with a massive smile on my face, as I got to work on one of my all time favourite cars, and this one was a beauty, a pretty rare Supersport:

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

The car was just in for a 1 day protection detail and as usual, I started the wash stage with the Pre-foam of Hyper Wash @ 60 degrees:

C3.jpg

There aren’t many pics of the wash process as (1) it was freezing cold and raining on and off and (2) I left my camera at home so had to use Rich's super duper new one and I was more than a bit worried I’d drop it with my wet hands!

So after the pre-foam and rinse, the wheels and tyres were cleaned with Menzerna 7.5 Tyre and Wheel Gel. The arches and shuts etc were agitated with P21S Auto wash and I then moved onto the fabric hood using this...

C4.jpg

I sprayed and then agitated with a fabric brush:

C5.jpg

This was then rinsed at low pressure until all the foam was gone.

The car was then washed with the 2BM and a shampoo that's on test, and moved inside for claying.

The paint was surprisingly clean - this is after the whole bonnet:

C6.jpg

I then dried the car off and protected the hood with this:

C8.jpg

The protectant was left to dry into the fabric while the rest of the detail was carried out:

C7.jpg

This 911 is 20 years old and the vast majority of it is still original, so as you would expect - the paintwork has collected it's fair share of scratches!

So out came HD Cleanse...

C9.jpg

...which when worked firmly into the paint is capable of doing a lot of filling. I did a quick 50/50 on the bonnet to demonstrate this:

C10.jpg

Obviously nowhere near an illusion of full correction, but the paint darkened down nicely...

The HDC was applied to the whole car:

C11.jpg

It was then buffed off with the help of Werkstat Carnauba Glos.

LSP of choice was Vintage:

C12.jpg

This was applied to the whole car and left while I attended to the other details. The interior was thoroughly vacuumed and given an APC wipe down, the leather cleaned with another product we have on test and it was then fed with Raceglaze Leather Balm. Glass was cleaned with Megs CGC, shuts polished and sealed with Werkstat Prime Strong, rubber seals fed with Raceglaze trim dressing.

The mats were also shampoo'd but I can’t take credit for that bit as this was carried out by my faithfull assistant Marsha - who also did a cracking job of polishing the wheels with Werkstat Prime Strong/NXT Metal Polish and then sealing with PB wheel sealant. The tyres were dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel. My last few jobs were to polish the tailpipe with NXT Metal Polish and dress the exterior trim with Raceglaze trim dressing.

Couple pics of the interior:

C13.jpg

C14.jpg

C15.jpg

C16.jpg

And after a final wipe down, here are the afters of the exterior - not bad for a 20 year old car I reckon! (I think I'll be stealing Rich's camera for all my write ups from now on too!)

C17.jpg

C18.jpg

C19.jpg

C20.jpg

C21.jpg

C22.jpg

Nice job, I have a slight misgiving though - I know "the customer i always right" and all that, but how did you feel about putting Vintage on a car that isn't fully corrected?

If it was me, I'd always be thinking of Paris Hilton - beneath the flashy exterior lies something a bit trashy :p

Hmm, good question. I actually suggested it! Reason was, I wanted the car to have maximum protection for the coming six months, ahead of correction next spring. It can be frustrating, but on an old beauty like this you can forgive the paint condition to some extent. And don't forget, in some cases on old classics like this you can't correct anyway if they've been polished hard over the years (too little paint left), so sometimes a hell of a shine is all you can achieve! However, fortunately the paint thickness on this one is ok so it should correct really well. :yes: