Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

E55 AMG detailed

Early part of this week has been spent working on this E-Class AMG for a Client who's pervious car i had worked on, see HERE So dropped off at the weekend for me to crack on with first thing Monday morning:

Before:

First job on the list was to clean the wheels and arches, even tho i was to remove the wheels for thorough cleaning latter on in the detail, i like to do what i can with them on the car (makes a dirty job a bit cleaner) As Smart Wheels was used 3:1 for wheels, G101 3:1 for arches:

Then i set about cleaning door Jambs etc using G101 at 5:1 and some detail brushes:

Snow foam was then applied Mixed with Duragloss 902 & Auto Glym PM3, Rinsed down before reapplied and wash TBM using a lambswool mit, badges and panel gaps where cleaned with a detail brush and G101 (i know again :D) 8:1

Once dried off with a Serious Performance Drying towel, the car was brought in to the workshop for a thorough inspection of the paint including PTG readings, as you will see it had A FEW! swirls and holograms :doublesho these where really robing the paint of depth and gloss:

The PTG readings clearly show it had seen some paint in places all be it a decent job, it seems they needed to just spend a bit more time on the finishing:

The only defect (other than swirls and grams) i found was this:

The paint needs to be clean and free of any bonded contaminants before polishing can be done, so the paint work was clayed using Yellow clay and Megs LT as lube:
    contact admin to advertise

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Polishing was done using the following line up on a rotary polisher:

Menz IP 3.02 (for the most part)
    3M FCP for some extra cut
    3M Ultrafina for the finishing stage
    3M finishing pad for finishing down
    Megs polishing pad
    3M Green compounding pad

Correction shots:

Before :

After:

Left Side corrected right side not (please note this was not a masked off 50/50 just where the set ended)

50/50 on front wing:

50/50 on door:

Once the paint was corrected to as good as i could get it (around 95% perfect) the paint was cleansed with zymoI HDC:

Then the first (of 2) coats of ZymoI Vintage wax:

And a final wipe down with ZymoI Field spray to a perfect finish, so much so even the dog was impressed:

The exhausts where polished with Autosol and a 4000 grade disc, the inners where also repainted matt black as the owner tried to polish up the inners:

From this:

To this:

Wheels sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant, glass cleaned and tyres dressed:

Neutral

Status
    After a final check around with detail spray the car was finished:

So there you have it 3 days work almost, but i felt very happy with the turn around as was the client :

Just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with the work you have done on my E55 AMG.

Having previously had my C Class done by Autofinesse, I was highly impressed and wanted to come back as soon as I changed my car (and again and again!).

As the car is 5 years old, it has had its fair share of small scratches etc and after you having the car for 3 days, it looks better than the day it came out of the factory!

The reflection in the paint work are truly fantastic and I will certainly be back and would not hesitate in recommending you and your company.

Kind Regards

Patrik Levn
    Managing Director
    HTF Logistics UK Ltd

Thanks for looking and all comments and questions on procedures used are welcome

James B
    Auto Finesse

Polished Bliss

Status
    Quality through and through. Great work buddy, just another example of why I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending you.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Lovely work on a lovely car! Hard to believe it's five years old .....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Excellent job done there

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    nice work

what did you use to spray the inside of the exhausts?
    ^^ In my opinion