Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

MERCEDES SLK55 AMG

Having experienced dry-out problems during the week on the S3, it was nice to get the chance to use the cracking Menzerna 3.02 again with smooth pad glide across every panel on this car. Worked well, this polish finishes down really glossy ready for final protection. This was a real joy to work on and I was very pleased at the outcome. Chris (Lightspeed) was on hand to help out in the preparation stages. Thank you Chris!

The UK forecast over the weekend was pretty patchy and I went for this one in the knowledge that the heavens could open and spoil things. Just as well it was only a 5 minute journey in my neighbourhood. The washing and claying took place on the nice Saturday evening. The paint correction took place on Sunday between 9:30am and 7:30pm. It turns out that the Sunday turned into a cracking day!

An absolutely stunning car this is. Im growing to like silver and this was nice and clean, having just been returned by the local Mercedes dealership. 2 years old and only 6k on the clock.

The owner was not available to inspect the car after completion. He returned from a trip two days later and admitted to me that he was very sceptical about the outcome of this 'detailing' stuff. He had been happy with the local Mercedes dealership presentation of the car at the time of sale and did not see how it could be improved. After inspecting the car he told me that his perceprions had been completely transformed and that the paint beamed a 'lustre' (his words) that he had never seen on a car before. He is now very interested in learning to maintain this finish now. This proved to be very pleasing as it is always nice to have such an impact on someone's view of detailing. It does involve a lot of work to get a car like this, but it's all worth it in the end.

All panels were cleansed of polish oils using Panel Wipe degreaser before applying the Zaino finishing sealant.

The finals, after 2 coats of Zaino Z2 and an application of Z8 Grand Finale Spray:

WHEELS: Werkstat Prime Strong (cleanse and seal)
    TYRES AND TRIM: 303 Aerospace Protectant
    TAILPIPES: Polished with Meguiars NXT Metal Polish

Cheers,

JOHN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Polished Bliss

Status
    Another cracker!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    John. The car is stunning. So is your write up. So is the detail. But you've got AMAZING photography skills, what camera are you using. I need a guide somewhere on D-SLRs I need to up my photo skills.

va va voom

Status
    Excellent

is it me or can i see a face in the rear view mirror 3rd pic from the bottom ?
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    John. The car is stunning. So is your write up. So is the detail. But you've got AMAZING photography skills, what camera are you using. I need a guide somewhere on D-SLRs I need to up my photo skills.
    After working on this silver car, I've grown to like silver. I'm on record as being adamant that I would never buy a silver car. But I have to say that as I was finishing this one off, I was as pleased with the outcome as I have on any other car.

I'm now considering A6 Avant in silver as my next car! What a turnaround!

As for the photography, I'm no expert (or amateur, for that matter). I do think about them first though and I like to think I've got a basic eye for lighting, angles etc. As a Physics teacher, I'd get some slagging if I didn't!!!! I use photoshop to crop some images and I use the lens blur facility for some backgrounds so that my cheap camera looks like it's an expensive one with depth of field functions etc! I use a Kodak Easyshare Z1275.

Rick, I was as surprised as you to see the face in the rear-view mirror. My wee fella was kicking around in the background but seeing his face in that picture still freaks me out a bit!!!! It's really strange how it turned out like that.

Thanks for the comments.

JOHN
    Last edited by jr001; 5th September 2008 at 20:20.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I agree with all thats been said about both your photography and detailing skills.

Awesome
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.