CLEANING ALCANTARA/LEATHER

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

i am after cleaning the alcantara in my audi . I want to clean up the little bits of fabric on the seats whats the best method or product to do this ?

OK, well i was given a tip from a fellow AS'er for clearing the bobbly bits off the Alcantara seats.....

Use an electric shaver, I havent tried it yet but he gave me a demo on his seat and it looked pretty good!!

i tried the shaver that didn't work im thinking would a proper lint remover work ?

OK, well i was given a tip from a fellow AS'er for clearing the bobbly bits off the Alcantara seats.....

Use an electric shaver, I havent tried it yet but he gave me a demo on his seat and it looked pretty good!!

i tried that method it cleaned it up a bit but i really want it looking good any other advise ??

Disposable BIC razors work well providing you are gentle and careful with your method. :icon_thumright:

Hi ,

so its just best to keep using the razor and then it should clean up ?

To remove the bobbling then yes. If it needs cleaning as well, then an All Purpose Cleaner cut 10:1 and used very sparingly will work, but you must avoid scrubbing the finish too much or overwetting it, as both can lead to permanent damage. It must be treated gently! :yes:

Yeap I had one of these, used on my S3 seats before & it does work, carefully so it doesnt snag any threads etc, but it works very well & also the razor option would aswell but remington best as larger holes for the bobbles where as razors are small gaps into blades, takes time & patients, but overall best option I'd say given my experience on this exact probem.