EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45

    JEFF's Acrylic or Carnuba for Sprint Blue

    Hi Guys

    Just looking at the wax protection products and wondered which ones were best for Sprint Blue.

    Thanks

    Tania

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Hey,

    Polished Bliss recommended the acrylic for mine based on the fact the acrylic kit really brings the flake in the paint out.
    I've not tried anything else since as it does such a good job, is easy to use, can be built up easily over a few washes and then lasts for a good 4 months.
    Washing in that time becomes pretty easy, as getting rid of the worst of the dirt build up is a simple blast at a jet wash (never use the brush!!!) meaning bigger cleans are less frequent (a bonus in London!).

    Thoroughly recommend this product.

    Some pics to show you the finish you can expect:










  4. #3
    Ian W's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wirral, Merseyside
    Posts
    1,054
    S3 above looks lovely

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Jamie - S3 looks really good in the pics. Just out of interest do you clay yours every 6 months? If so what have you used.

    I've only had my S3 since March so want to make sure i keep it looking sweet for as long as possible.

  6. #5
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Hey Juniper,

    I got in touch with Rich at Polished Bliss before receiving the car - it was my frist car from brand new and I wanted to make sure I looked after it properly. Rich recommended the Werkstat Acrylic kit (amongst many, many other questions!)

    The car was delivered in a lorry to me and was immaculate when it arrived.
    Before I even took the car out for a spin I set about adding the Werkstat Acrylic kit, Prime first, then a couple of layers of Jett.
    Every wash after that I added another layer up until I got to about 5 or 6 layers.
    Then added another couple of layers of just the Jett every couple of months.

    The car stayed looking in great condition, but then had this issue to contend with:
    SMART repair nightmares

    Since getting the car back after this I have given the car it's first clay, that was after about 14 months of ownership and a long drive to the alps and back. Keeping on top of the Werkstat applications means it's harder for the contaminants to bond to your paint and you therefore need to clay less.

    When I do clay I use meguirs mild clay - I don't trust myself with anything harsher.

    Other top tip - always wash your car yourself - mines not gone near any cheap hand car washes or jet/drive through washes as the brushes just put fine scratches all over the car.

    Long answer... but hope it helps.!

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    luton
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip View Post
    Other top tip - always wash your car yourself - mines not gone near any cheap hand car washes or jet/drive through washes as the brushes just put fine scratches all over the car.

    Long answer... but hope it helps.!

    what a night mare!!! im hearing a lot of good things about this jett wax.
    like you said , if want a proper job doing, do it yourself.

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45

    What a nightmare!

    Sounds like you have been through the mill with yours.

    Thanks for the advice though, since i have had mine have been very careful with regards to washing (the polished guides helped immensely) I will always wash it myself and the longest it has gone without a wash is about 4 weeks.

    Got some good products also from polished bliss, it had a great coat of wax on it from new and was in tip top condition so didn't want to overload with wax.

    I'm tempted to clay in a couple of months time then apply the acrylic kit so the wax is going onto a perfectly clean surface.

    Thanks for the help.

    BTW - you still loving the car? I'm loving it (especially when people look at the car and see a woman driving it)

  9. #8
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip View Post
    Hey Juniper,

    I got in touch with Rich at Polished Bliss before receiving the car - it was my frist car from brand new and I wanted to make sure I looked after it properly. Rich recommended the Werkstat Acrylic kit (amongst many, many other questions!)

    The car was delivered in a lorry to me and was immaculate when it arrived.
    Before I even took the car out for a spin I set about adding the Werkstat Acrylic kit, Prime first, then a couple of layers of Jett.
    Every wash after that I added another layer up until I got to about 5 or 6 layers.
    Then added another couple of layers of just the Jett every couple of months.

    The car stayed looking in great condition, but then had this issue to contend with:
    SMART repair nightmares

    Since getting the car back after this I have given the car it's first clay, that was after about 14 months of ownership and a long drive to the alps and back. Keeping on top of the Werkstat applications means it's harder for the contaminants to bond to your paint and you therefore need to clay less.

    When I do clay I use meguirs mild clay - I don't trust myself with anything harsher.

    Other top tip - always wash your car yourself - mines not gone near any cheap hand car washes or jet/drive through washes as the brushes just put fine scratches all over the car.

    Long answer... but hope it helps.!
    so do you use "Werkstat Acrylic Glos" http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-maintain.html this every time you wash your car?? also do you spray this all over your paint work??
    so whats the difference between "Werkstat Acrylic Glos" and (lets say) "Meguiars NXT Spray Wax" http://www.fasteronline.co.uk/Meguia...24-p-2296.html or are they the same sort of things?
    also whats a "quick detailer" (Werkstat Acrylic Glos)

  10. #9
    White220's Avatar
    White 220

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    63
    Khalil,

    As per the PB guide the Prime should be used first (after optional claying) This cleans up the body work and leaves an initial base of acrylic to begin with, residue of this prime is occasionally a bit tough to remove (I have not found it hard) so the glos is used to cut the prime and should be wiped off before moving onto the trigger stage.
    The trigger is applied last and as someone else will probably confirm is a glaze or sealant step as opposed to a wax. The trigger can sometimes be hard to fully buff off and as before can be cut by the glos. I hope this helps!
    I use this system and whenever I have long enough to do my cars I like to apply the trigger and buff off to such an amazing shine and a car that is so slick and easy to wash the next time.

  11. #10
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by White220 View Post
    Khalil,

    As per the PB guide the Prime should be used first (after optional claying) This cleans up the body work and leaves an initial base of acrylic to begin with, residue of this prime is occasionally a bit tough to remove (I have not found it hard) so the glos is used to cut the prime and should be wiped off before moving onto the trigger stage.
    The trigger is applied last and as someone else will probably confirm is a glaze or sealant step as opposed to a wax. The trigger can sometimes be hard to fully buff off and as before can be cut by the glos. I hope this helps!
    I use this system and whenever I have long enough to do my cars I like to apply the trigger and buff off to such an amazing shine and a car that is so slick and easy to wash the next time.
    so the "Werkstat Acrylic Glos" is only used to cut the other products? i thought you can use it after every wash to boost the shine, meaning every week when you wash your car you spray that on and dry it off,is that right? or is it only for cutting the other products?

  12. #11
    WX51TXR's Avatar
    Polished Bliss

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AB51 0TH
    Posts
    1,450
    The primary purpose of Glos is as you suggest, i.e. for a quick wipe down after washes to fully remove any water marks and add more gloss (plus a little bit of extra protection - think of it as a sealant booster). The second function it performs very well is an aid to residue removal for Prime and Jett if needed.

  13. #12
    White220's Avatar
    White 220

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    63

  14. #13
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper44 View Post
    Sounds like you have been through the mill with yours.

    Thanks for the advice though, since i have had mine have been very careful with regards to washing (the polished guides helped immensely) I will always wash it myself and the longest it has gone without a wash is about 4 weeks.

    Got some good products also from polished bliss, it had a great coat of wax on it from new and was in tip top condition so didn't want to overload with wax.

    I'm tempted to clay in a couple of months time then apply the acrylic kit so the wax is going onto a perfectly clean surface.

    Thanks for the help.

    BTW - you still loving the car? I'm loving it (especially when people look at the car and see a woman driving it)
    Mucho respect for the pride you are taking with your motor!
    You can't go wrong with the guys (and gals!) at Polishedbliss. They have helped me so much answering all my questions and giving completely impartial advice.

    If I were you, I'd strip the car back to it's paint using somethign like this:
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...wash-wash.html

    This will remove all the current wax/sealent on the car.
    When you have used this and washed the car as normal, run your hand across the paint. Sometimes putting your hand in a platsic bag helps you feel the imperfections on the paint surface. If the paint already feels glass smooth you've got the perfect base to start on already. If it feels rough you're car is ripe for claying!

    No prob's with the help!

    Regarding loving the car, yes, had it 16 months now and I'm still really pleased with it. It's not missed a beat and ticks all the boxes bar one that I'm after (the missing one is the engine noise.... need a V6 or V8 to tick that one!).
    Ha ha, yes I imagine you do get a few green eyed looks!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO