Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Orbital buffer? what ya think?

thinking of buying this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORBITAL-CAR-PO...d=p3286.c0.m14

what ya think? i no its no profesional machine but wil lit do the job?
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo: Custom Code Stage 1, Full Custom Built 3 Inch Stainless Steel Exhaust, RS4 Alloys, Weitec 40mm Ultra GT Springs & Shocks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Polished Bliss

Status
    No! It's a buffer, not a polisher. A buffer uses microfibre bonnets to remove product residues. To polish paint properly, you need to use foam pads, and have a machine with more grunt in order to be able to work and break down abrasives properly. In all honesty, you would be better off sticking to hand application or saving up for a proper dual action polisher; these buffer style machines are rarely any good, and most are pants (I found this out the hard way in my early days of getting into proper car care! ).

1st Gear

Status
    no offence but its alot cheaper than your Price: 139.95
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo: Custom Code Stage 1, Full Custom Built 3 Inch Stainless Steel Exhaust, RS4 Alloys, Weitec 40mm Ultra GT Springs & Shocks.

va va voom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DBXdarkangel View Post
    no offence but its alot cheaper than your Price: 139.95
    but its to completly different products,

buffer vs polisher
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Polished Bliss

Status
    Exactly, it's not like for like, so the price comparison is pointless.

Status
    thinking of buying this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORBITAL-CAR-PO...d=p3286.c0.m14

what ya think? i no its no profesional machine but wil lit do the job?
    You'd be better off saving your money and polishing the car by hand.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    As above mate,i had something similar....i binned it pretty quick! Doing it by hand gave better results.
    Save your money for a proper one or buy yourself a bottle of wine instead!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    As above mate,i had something similar....i binned it pretty quick! Doing it by hand gave better results.
    Save your money for a proper one or buy yourself a bottle of wine instead!
    LOL yeah i dint bother in the end. dont fancy spending over 100 of a polisher tho. i mean once i spend like 149 on polisher then all the polish and such its gonna cost over 200 just to clean it. i mean i love my car but dont wanna marry it..lol

2nd Gear

Status
    i mean once i spend like 149 on polisher then all the polish and such its gonna cost over 200 just to clean it. i mean i love my car but dont wanna marry it..lol
    Using a machine polisher and abrasive polishes isn't 'cleaning' your car. It's a shame that you've seen all the defect removal going on in this section only to think of it as 'cleaning'! It brings about swirl scratch and other defect removal to create a finish that is very difficult to beat otherwise.

If you want to clean your car to a very good level then I'd suggest giving the car a good claying, after a proper wash of course. Then use a good paint cleanser before applying your sealant or wax. You'll still have mountains of swirls, but it'll be pretty clean. You'll probably see the swirls even clearer!

Carrying out good swirl removal creates a finish that is much easier to wash and dry TBH, if you follow a safe routine.

I know many many people who have spent way more than 200 on other stuff for their car and their car looks positively minging - but hey they've got an i-pod inside or a set of 18s that don't come anywhere near to filling the arches and make the car look stupid! It's all about personal preferences really. Some people like an Audi that looks out of this world, and some people really just couldn't care less what it looks like.

Go Clay!!

1st Gear

Status
    I've got one but i use it for putting the polish on lol and buff it off by hand

mines a random orbital one so it wont swirl the paint apparently, mine old leon always looked amazing after using it, but not used it on the A4 yet.
    |Present: 2005 B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|DIS|Phatbox|Aircon'd Glove Box|Ambiant Light Pack|
    |Gf's Motor: 2003 8L Audi A3 18.T Sport | Standard |
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec Corrado G60 JET LHD|Mk2 Golf Cab|Mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|