Orbital buffer? what ya think?

No! It's a buffer, not a polisher. A buffer uses microfibre bonnets to remove product residues. To polish paint properly, you need to use foam pads, and have a machine with more grunt in order to be able to work and break down abrasives properly. In all honesty, you would be better off sticking to hand application or saving up for a proper dual action polisher; these buffer style machines are rarely any good, and most are pants (I found this out the hard way in my early days of getting into proper car care! :redface:). :icon_thumright:

As above mate,i had something similar....i binned it pretty quick! Doing it by hand gave better results.
Save your money for a proper one or buy yourself a bottle of wine instead!

As above mate,i had something similar....i binned it pretty quick! Doing it by hand gave better results.
Save your money for a proper one or buy yourself a bottle of wine instead!

LOL yeah i dint bother in the end. dont fancy spending over £100 of a polisher tho. i mean once i spend like £149 on polisher then all the polish and such its gonna cost over £200 just to clean it. i mean i love my car but dont wanna marry it..lol

i mean once i spend like £149 on polisher then all the polish and such its gonna cost over £200 just to clean it. i mean i love my car but dont wanna marry it..lol

Using a machine polisher and abrasive polishes isn't 'cleaning' your car. It's a shame that you've seen all the defect removal going on in this section only to think of it as 'cleaning'! It brings about swirl scratch and other defect removal to create a finish that is very difficult to beat otherwise.

If you want to clean your car to a very good level then I'd suggest giving the car a good claying, after a proper wash of course. Then use a good paint cleanser before applying your sealant or wax. You'll still have mountains of swirls, but it'll be pretty clean. You'll probably see the swirls even clearer!

Carrying out good swirl removal creates a finish that is much easier to wash and dry TBH, if you follow a safe routine.

I know many many people who have spent way more than £200 on other stuff for their car and their car looks positively minging - but hey they've got an i-pod inside or a set of 18s that don't come anywhere near to filling the arches and make the car look stupid! It's all about personal preferences really. Some people like an Audi that looks out of this world, and some people really just couldn't care less what it looks like.

Go Clay!!

I've got one but i use it for putting the polish on lol and buff it off by hand

mines a random orbital one so it wont swirl the paint apparently, mine old leon always looked amazing after using it, but not used it on the A4 yet.