Looking for help Autoglym and Polished bliss blackfire offer

mattandrew

Reaction score
Yesterday I clayed my car for the first time with Meguiars quik clay and quik detailer and I must say I was well impressed with it.

We had been painting a wagon chassis at work and the car was parked about 40 metres away. it was only there for a short while as I moved the car around the back of work. Looking at the car you could not see any overspray.

After claying the bonnet I was amazed at how much red there was on the clay (my cars akoya silver) after finishing the car I was amazed at how much tar etc it removed.

In the past I have used Autoglym super resin polish followed by Autoglym extra gloss protection and more than happy with the results, but am now looking for better.
At the minute the car is in the garage awaiting the next product. I was thinking of doing it with Autoglym super resin polish.
I have noticed Polished bliss are doing an offer at the minute for Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba paste, would this work if applied after the super resin polish or am I going about things the wrong way.

Edit Just read another post is Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba paste not suitable for my Akoya silver A3

Thanks in advance Matt

Matt,

I realise your car is Akoya silver which is different from my golf in Reflex Silver but I (on the advice and recomendation of Polished Bliss) use the Jeffs Acrylic products on my golf and on my A4 in Ibis White and the results wipe the floor with the free autoglym lifeshine the audi had and my use of the autoglym super resin polish and extra gloss protection.

Like i say i know your car is a darker one but ive since done my pals mk1 golf in Burnt Orange metalic with the same products and it came up an absolute dream.

From all the advice on here and on Polished Bliss website the way to go with lighter metalic paints is sealants and not the natual carnuaba products.

Go for the Jeffs Werksatt Acrylic kit, follow the on site guide and reapply the trigger jett every time you have the time and watch your car look wetter and wetter. I can almost wash it with a only a hose it is soooooooooo slick.

Also see Rich's comment in the Black fire deal thread.

Answered over the phone, but as above, on silver I'd give Midnight Sun 8/10 as the sealant content does help to pop the flake and give good reflections, but Werkstat Acrylic gets 10/10 and beats it hands down. :icon_thumright: