NXT meguires, newbie

neiloneilo

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
I've just bought my first S3 (I've had it 4 days), and plan to take great pride in owning it, the car is 4 years old in mint condition with less than 20K on the clock!

I've never waxed or t-cutted a car before and will start now, but due to high insurance costs I can't spend silly money on products. So I plan to build up my resources over time, as my current products run out I'll replace them with higher grade products. Due to reading most the posts on this forum, cost and how much time I realistically plan to spend cleaning per month. (I have a life too) I have decided to try the Meguiars range of products.

I first need something for the alloys as my "Wonder Wheels" is about to run out. For this I plan to purchase "<font color="red">Hot Rims</font>". Does anyone know if this will meet my expectations?

I'm also going to give "<font color="red">NXT Generation Tech Wax</font>" a run for its money. Does this come with some kind of applicator or will I need to purchace some "<font color="red">Foam Applicator Pads</font>" ? Will I couple of old towels (save money) do the trick for buffing up?

John from "Clean and Shiny" mentioned a "<font color="red">Ultimate Wash Mitt</font>", but the website doesn't mention Ultimate. Where can I purchase an Ultimate from?

What's the "clay bar" thing about, will it work aswell as soaking with kitchen roll, then scraping off with a finger nail (as suggested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)?

Thoughts anyone???

Ps. just taken picture now, still has showroom sparkle.

I bought an Ultimate Wash Mitt recently and used it soon after. It's so much better than a sponge and would definitely recommend it.

I'm in the same position as you. I recently bought a new A4 and plan to use the meguairs range. I found the discussion forum which is excellent as it give you good/quick advice. Link below

http://shopmeguiarsuk.foxhosting.net/phpBB2/

One piece of advice! Stay away from using t-cut! its too harsh on the paintwork.

Cheers,