Poo proof Wax

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Collinite 915 (marque d'elegance) wax just isn't doing a good enough job of protecting my car's paint.
Only takes a little exposure to bird poo to leave matt marks.
Any recommend a wax with some proper poo-protection??

Whilst the level of protection afforded by different last step products varies a lot, you have to remember that no product can offer total protection against strong concentrations of uric acid found in birds crap. The only products I've used that have always protected fully are Werkstat Acrylic (but this is not a wax-based product) and Zymol Vintage. However, I live well away from the coast, and rarely have to deal with seagull crap... which is unbelievably bad at causing etching. To date, I can't recall any customers using the Werkstat range coming back to me saying etching has been caused - however, this is not a gaurantee that it offers total protection, as nothing can, but it is the best option we offer protection-wise. :)

i suppose it depends on what bird poo he's making reference too.... as to the acidity:hi:

Having lived in the toon I believe he is reffering to the greater spotted, felt and heard Ehberdeen Shitehawk. My brother and i were hosed outside M&S last week. Not Pleasant, like Rich says it is much less a problem in land have you considered moving out to the sticks? I've definitely noticed a difference!

I do have some house martins living above the driveway and they are doing there best to drop their nesting materials and food (1st and second hand) on top of the cars, both cars are protected by the Werkstaat system, I have not seen any etching but they are white and silver.

Poo isn't a problem at home, as I live in Kingswells.
Massive problem in Dyce though, where I work.