BMW E46 330ci Cab

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This car belongs to my younger brother, and today we were going to freshen it up, it’s generally cleaned once a week and its very well looked after, but the paintwork felt like sandpaper and was in desperate need of claying/glazing/waxing. It will get a full correctional detail, but that’ll be after his 19”s and Coilovers go on

On with the detail.

The car wasn’t looking too bad before, just very dirty wheels.

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04259.jpg

DSC04265.jpg

I sprayed Bilberry onto the rims and let it do the business for a few minutes, can’t quite remember the dilution ratio, all I know is that this stuff is the best wheel cleaner I’ve come across and it just gets all the muck off! Saving a lot of time on the detail, no need for wheel brushes etc (sometimes anyway)

From this:

DSC04266.jpg

To this:

DSC04267.jpg

That was just spraying the bilberry on and jet washing it off, next up was to pre jet wash the car then snow foam it:

DSC04271.jpg

I love the bulky presence of the pre-facelift E46; the facelift is much slicker, but this shape much more “meaner” imo

DSC04272.jpg

The foam was followed with the 2BM method using Megs wash mitt and Megs Shampoo plus and then clayed using Megs quick clay.

DSC04280.jpg

This was just the bootlid

DSC04275.jpg

Bonnet wasn’t much better

DSC04277.jpg

After the car was clayed, it was then rinsed again:

DSC04283.jpg

The car was washed again via the 2BM and dried using the Sonus Der Wonder. The engine bay was next up, hadn’t been cleaned since he got the car:

DSC04285.jpg

Megs Super degreaser was used to clean the engine bay and this brush (which is a must for detailing, gets in loads of spots and a bargain at £2.99!!), then rinsed off with the hose on very very light pressure.
Once dried it was treated with some Aerospace 303 and a Megs Applicator Pad like this:

DSC04287.jpg

Which left this as a final result (I was very happy with this ) :

DSC04316.jpg

The roof was cleaned with AG Fabric Hood Maintenance Kit and the sealed with Renovo:

DSC04295.jpg

Following which the car was glazed using Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze:

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04299.jpg

The grilles and exhaust were cleaned using Megs NXT Generation All Metal Polysh:

DSC04296.jpg

Exhaust before:

DSC04260.jpg

Exhaust After:

DSC04315.jpg

Then I applied 1 layer of Collinte 476 and then 1 layer of Vics Concours for todays LSPs. The car was hovered inside and glass done using Megs NXT Generation Glass Cleaner, tyres dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel and here are the final shots:

DSC04306.jpg

DSC04307.jpg

DSC04308.jpg

(Don’t worry the l.e.d.s are getting ordered next week )

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04310.jpg

This is my favourite shot of the bunch!

bmw.jpg

Louis has a mod list that is stacking up including, 19” grey CSL rims (with wider rears), KW V2 coilovers, new m-tec steering wheel, electric folding mirrors but most importantly the l.e.d. rear lights which are getting ordered next week!

Thanks again

Nathan ,

Info/questions/advice, all appreciated.

Another great job Nathan - attention to detail on the grill!!!!
I see you're testing your trade on the families cars first.

Another great job Nathan - attention to detail on the grill!!!!
I see you're testing your trade on the families cars first.

Indeed, want a few under my belt and build up my confidence, once I get my van, I'll be ready to go then!! :)

:friends: i bet your little bro' was well chuffed :thumbsup:

He was, cheers james, and guys for the comments! :thumbsup:

Dude. Nice work, also thanks for the link on the brush - spot on!!!!!

looking lovely.

do you have any before and afters of the hood?

i'd like to see what sort of results to expect on my a4 hood.

Thanks

Hi dan, no I haven't but to be fair his roof is very clean as he uses the AG fabric kit only a weekly basis. It's very BLACK! The cleanest conv. roof I've ever seen!

Well done Dude, good job well done!!!

Car looks very nice...look forward to seeing some more :)

Another great detail! Well done mate, good to see a thorough approach and an eye for detail. Liking the photoshop work too, nice touch. :icon_thumright:

Very smart mate. Both cars looks really good.

Also perfect choice on the wheels for the clio too btw.

Cheers Shy!

Another great detail! Well done mate, good to see a thorough approach and an eye for detail. Liking the photoshop work too, nice touch. :icon_thumright:

Thanks Rich. Trying to get up to you and Clark's standards, thats what I'm aiming for anyway! Top man.