This is my 1st proper detail on this forum, so excuse me if my detail and write up isn’t the greatest compared to all the pros on here lol !!
This car belongs to my cousin who’s had it for just over a year now and has done a few mods to it. Which include tints, KW Variant 3 Coilovers and a new set of alloys from the Megane R26 wearing a set of 225/40/18 Falken 452s!
On with the detail:
Thursday evening involved me cleaning out the arches using Megs Super degreaser, and giving it a good blasting out with the karcher, once that was dried and done, I put the new rims on. Which looked like this…..a 50/50 , a big improvement I think you’ll agree what a difference an inch makes
And finally all 4 rims on, before they went on I put 1 layer of AutoGlym SRP on the wheels and 2 layers of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Afterwards I took the car out for a “quick blast” lol, just to make sure the car wasn't rubbing and to make sure it drove “alright” .
So Saturday morning at 8.30am I started, first giving the wheels a quick clean using the 2BM, Megs wash mitt & Megs Shampoo Plus
I also used Polished Bliss’s wheel brush which is very handy and the zym0l wheel brush as well
Heres the buckets after 2 wheels, not too dirty as you can see.
I then gave the car a quick rinse with the PW and then it got snow foamed using the karcher lance, which is good for Ł15! I will upgrade at a later date to the AB one though I think. My next task is to try out citrus
So many people walking past were mesmerised by the snow foam
The car was next washed including shuts etc
The car was then rinsed off and I clayed it using Megs Quick Clay, this is the clay after the bonnet
After the bootlid, as you can see the car is covered in contaminants
The car was then washed again with the 2BM and then dried, and taped up ready for polishing via the G220.
I used the G220 along with Megs 83 and the megs polishing pad, this wasn’t cutting enough so I moved over to the Lake Country Light cut pad, I didn’t achieve 100% correction, but I’m happy with it as it was my 1st time and I only had a few pads and 1 polish. Next time I will switch over to Megs 80 and a finishing pad to finish off with!
The bonnet before
The bonnet after
I finished at about 10pm that night, so I left the rest till the following morning.
The next stage was using Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection then followed up with one layer of Poorboys Juiced Edition. I cleaned the glass with Megs NXT Glass Cleaner, the trims were done with Poorboys Natural Trim Dressing, tyres dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel. I ran out of time to do the engine properly and the interior only had a quick hoover.
Here are the finished pictures:-
Here’s my favourite pic of the bunch :-
I’ve learned a lot from my 1st detail, things to do and not to do, and am looking forward to my next one, it’s just amazing how much products there is still to buy!! Time does fly, so it is best to be prepared, now I’ve done one, I have a rough time scale of how long things can take! This write up has taken me long enough!!!
I think Oliver’s future mods include, black number plates, 25mm H&R spacers, exhaust tips, & clear indicator bulbs for the rear lights. The Brembo’s are getting painted red next as well, which will look much nicer against the black/grey rim combo!
I would like to thank Rich from Polished Bliss and also Mike from Extreme Detail for their help and guidance.
Thanks for reading
All comments welcome and help and advice.