Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: Bird poo

On Boost

Status

Bird poo

Ive had a few of these " matt " stains on my car since ive had it , ive tride to polish them out with no luck and used some Autoglym tar remover with no luck.

I wasn't too botherd as i have a few stone chips that i was gonna get wet sanded , so was gonna get a detail at the same time.

Ive had a few " poo's " on my car of late and always got rid ASAP , i spotted one tonight , it must have been on there 3 hours , so i removed it , but it left a " matt " coloured stain.

Now i know what these " matt " stains are , and after ready the POO threads they may not be able to be got rid off!

Should i not bother with the detail and just get a bonnet respray as i have stone chips anyway?

Thanks

p

2. # ADS
    ADS

Oil running through my veins.

Status
    Might get shot for saying this but have you tried Autoglym Paint renovator? its good stuff, fairly abrasive, im sure there is better stuff out there but i had one on my roof, paint renovator, SRP and waxed.. no marks.
    Totally addicted to boost.

On Boost

Status
    ^^^^The Poo has taken the clear coat off , and reading other threads there doesn't seem to be that much clear coat to play with?

I know it's a detailing forum , but i don't want to spend 300 + and it not get a perfect finish , i may as well get a bonnet respray.

p

1st Gear

Status
    phantom - I've had the same problems and am getting a paint correction/detail next week to fingers, toes, knees crossed get the stains sorted.

Really, really hoping that the stains can be gotten rid off else I'm not gonna be impressed.

Will let you know how it goes mate..

-Sal-
    S3 - Phantom Black with a few options..

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahS3 View Post
    phantom - I've had the same problems and am getting a paint correction/detail next week to fingers, toes, knees crossed get the stains sorted.

Really, really hoping that the stains can be gotten rid off else I'm not gonna be impressed.

Will let you know how it goes mate..

-Sal-
    TBH ive bitten the bullitt and got a qoute from a decent BMW bodyshop ( thev'e done work for me before , they had to rebuild my old 182 when some Kn0b took the whole drivers side off )

They only want 300 all in for a bonnett and bumper respray!

It's going in on monday!

Now i need to find some sort of car cover

p
    Last edited by phantom; 6th June 2008 at 12:10.

Polished Bliss

Status
    The problem with etching is that it can penetrate the full thickness of the paint system very easily, meaning no matter how much you polish the panel you can't remove the stain. You never know this though until you start! We have had some cars that corrected 100%, but others little improvement can be made. Respraying guarantees full correction!