Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

Gilmore Foam Gun

has anyone got ome of these, and is it anygood??
    thinking of buying one of these
    http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/sho...oducts_id=1830
    any thoughts guys??

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Had mine delivered today! Just waiting on the Hyper Wash to come through and I'll let you know. I don't doubt that it'll be good otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!

Coss
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Had mine delivered today! Just waiting on the Hyper Wash to come through and I'll let you know. I don't doubt that it'll be good otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!

Coss
    can i ask how much and where you got it from, also after you use the foam gun what you going to use meaning if you just want plain water? i gather you have a sperate pressure washer??

Polished Bliss

Status
    Aye, they are very good, I personally wouldn't be without mine, as I use it not only for initial foaming, but also a direct replacement for the suds bucket when hand washing the car (i.e. I foam the panel, wipe it down with the mitt, then rinse out the mitt, then foam the next panel, etc). Great product!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51TXR View Post
    Aye, they are very good, I personally wouldn't be without mine, as I use it not only for initial foaming, but also a direct replacement for the suds bucket when hand washing the car (i.e. I foam the panel, wipe it down with the mitt, then rinse out the mitt, then foam the next panel, etc). Great product!
    does it produce nice thick foam, meaning would it cover the car in white foam all around or is it the water type foam that runs down the car as you apply it, if that makes any sense to you lol

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    can i ask how much and where you got it from, also after you use the foam gun what you going to use meaning if you just want plain water? i gather you have a sperate pressure washer??
    I got it from Polished Bliss for 50. You dont need a pressure washer to use it. You just plug it into the end of a normal water hose.

Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    does it produce nice thick foam, meaning would it cover the car in white foam all around or is it the water type foam that runs down the car as you apply it, if that makes any sense to you lol
    You can change the thickness of the foam (water/car cleaner ratio). Looking from pictures of people using it, it sticks to the car nicely. I'm waiting on the hyper wash to come though and I'll have a play with it over the weekend
    Coss

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51TXR View Post
    I use it not only for initial foaming, but also a direct replacement for the suds bucket when hand washing the car (i.e. I foam the panel, wipe it down with the mitt, then rinse out the mitt, then foam the next panel, etc). Great product!
    Would it be ok to do this with the Hyper Wash?
    Coss

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    I got it from Polished Bliss for 50. You dont need a pressure washer to use it. You just plug it into the end of a normal water hose.

You can change the thickness of the foam (water/car cleaner ratio). Looking from pictures of people using it, it sticks to the car nicely. I'm waiting on the hyper wash to come though and I'll have a play with it over the weekend
    sorry i meant to say after you use the foam gun and a washing mitt, how you going to get off the foam?? does this gun have just water function only?? meaning no foam?

6th Gear

Status
    Yes it does. It has 5 different mixture settings and one where it doesn't mix so its just water coming out the nozzle.

Coss
    Coss

Polished Bliss

Status
    The foam thickness is pretty good, but not as good as for foam guns that attach directly to pressure washers. If you check the thread about our first breakfast club meet you can see the difference...

Hyper Wash is fine as a shampoo when applied using the Gilmour.