headlight scratchs audi a3 2004

khalil

Reaction score
hi can someone tell me if the lens on the headlights be cleaned use some sort of polish as mine is badly chipped, there not really chips more like very light spot scratch if that makes any sense,it looks like if its got dirt on it,it makes it look really old, any advise any poilshes,

I think there is a way to do it that involves sanding them down then machine polishing them afterwards but glass is pretty tough stuff to be polishing scratches out of!

I think there is a way to do it that involves sanding them down then machine polishing them afterwards but glass is pretty tough stuff to be polishing scratches out of!
do you have i link or something, oh the headlights i belive are plastic or i could be wrong

Try Meguirs Plast-X. You can even get it from Halfrauds. I've used it on headlight plastic before and after two or three hits by hand the results have been excellent. Also a much safer method than wetsanding.:yes:

Working by hand, the advice above is very sound with regards to the Plast-X. Working by machine, Menzerna 106FA on a polishing spot pad is ideal and works a treat. :thumbsup:

Working by hand, the advice above is very sound with regards to the Plast-X. Working by machine, Menzerna 106FA on a polishing spot pad is ideal and works a treat. :thumbsup:

oh brilliant i knew you would know,but i heard that you need to sand it down bit afraid to do that and thanks all you guys for the tips