Matt patch on wing

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Bird crap damage led to me using a cutting polish on my wing (not T-cut).
This got rid of the bird crap 'burn'.
I then used a normal polish (Meguires crystal polish) and wax (collinite).
I thought I'd got rid of it all, but I noticed today that there's now a large 'matt' patch instead.
Persevere with polish?
Any other ideas?

Hiya Bowfer, did you use the poorboys to remove the mark? If so it will hand polish the matt mark out of the paint. This happens on mine as well. Use a bit more and a bit more effort.

J.

Any joy? What were using to apply/take off the products? Did the mattness appear after the SSR1, after the Step 2 or after the Collinite? :think:

Same thing has just happened to me! Saw some bird sh!t on the bonnet and it wouldnt come off. Seemed to be welded on! But soon got it off with a clay bar. Now theres a patch where the bird crap was and have no idea how to bring back the shine! What can I use? What the hell do these birds eat?!

Thanks, Coss.

Menzerna Intensive Polish works very well by hand on AUdi paint when it comes to polishing out minor defects. Be aware though, that crap etching can be very deep, and there is a chance that you won't get it our fully (even by machine we sometimes struggle). :yes:

Yeh, if its deep etching into the paint/clearcoat then as Rich says it can be very difficult to fully remove safely.

However, if the paint was okay before the bird dropping but now leaves a matte patch as a result of the act of removing it then it should polish out no problem because it could either be abrasives within the bird dropping itself that have put scratches into the paint or it could be the tool used to remove it. I had to remove a similar 6 inch square patch from a BMW last week and it came out by machine very easily. The matte patch was caused by the KITCHEN SCOURER used to scrape the initial bird marking out.

Best of luck:icon_thumright: