Cloth interior HELP

ang12el

Reaction score
My two sons have made a complete mess over the rear dark blue cloth seats of my A4 Can someone recommend a tried and trusted product to get these stains out and indeed how I go about doing this.. Or is it better to just take it to a professional if so can someone recommend on in the Manchester Area?

What have they done mate? I use a foaming cleanser when I clean cloth seats, spray on, it foams up (cool) and then wipe with a wet cloth. Smells nice, and is cheap as. Ive used it on all sorts, choclolate, blood (dont ask).
Where abouts in Mcr are you?

Thanks for the quick reply - it looks like they have spilt something there is a large patch in the middle of the seats with a dark ring round it in addtion I must admit that when I bought the car I should have covered the seats knowing that my 2 kids play a lot of football all over the country and arent exactly the cleanest even when they have a change of clothing.. in general it seats are covered in worn in grime for want of a better word.. as for location based in the NE side of Manchester nr Oldham..

I have tried the generic stuff like Halfords etc < yeah I know but to be honest its made it no difference. I have also got a little hand held vax like machine but dont want to use that in case it just sinks the dirt into the actual cloth..

:yes:

If you've got kids using the car a lot I'd recommend investing in an interior brush

eg
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-all-surface-interior-brush-interior.html

and some interior cleaner, either Autoglym Shampoo type stuff from Halfords or a gallon of this:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-all-purpose-cleaner-interior.html

The Megs APC will go a long way (diluted 10:1 for interior), interior carpets and fabric, dash - everything. Some stains may be extracted
by wiping with a cloth, but a brush will do so much better with a wider variety of blemishes.

Make sure you vacuum the area first, apply the APC/Shampoo, dwell for a minute or so, scrub with brush, wipe with damp cloth (water), then wipe with dry cloth. Can't recommend the brush enough.

Cheers,

JOHN