I want exhaust pipes I can eat my dinner off

Blue_Thunder

Reaction score
The winter hasn't been at all kind to my Milltek system and it's in a terrible state with rust spots and generally looking old. Melting the rear bumper to the pipes at the ASN Rolling Road day didn't help either!
:wtf:

What techniques can I use to bring these up to scratch? Is it likely i'll be able to make them look like new again?

TIA

Personally I use AutoSol and find it to cut through the soot and crap very well it also does a good job of polishing it up mirrorlike. To be hardcore I recall in some of WX51 post's that a Dremmel is used on them.

A Dremel might indeed be needed - Milltek pipes can be a real pig to bring up. Can you post a few decent piccies of the problem and we can take it from there with further advice?

Various - we use a selection of wire brushes, sanding discs and felt polishing wheels. Get yourself to B&Q and take a look; they often do kits specifically for metal polishing with a selection of bits included. As always, start gently with felt pads, then move onto brushes and discs if needs be. :)

cheers Rich..... made another visit to Halfords today but really holding back till you posted..... didnt wanna spend unessesary money with them robbings dawgs:whistle2: