Chris NottAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

A3 Quatty detail

I have just had my quatty detailed,i have a link to write up and pics that detailer Will has put up on detailing world ,how do i transfer them to here?i'm pretty useless with pcs can anyone assist please,http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=67067 ,Big thanks to polished bliss for the advise on the products and supplying them too,Cheers Andy
    Last edited by ANDYTQ; 22nd April 2008 at 10:46.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Dude the link doesn't work; can you retry? Make sure you get all the text from the link as you have the (....) in place of the requried text,
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

5th Gear

Status
    ok,try that mate
    Last edited by ANDYTQ; 22nd April 2008 at 10:47.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

5th Gear

Status
    See pics on a3/s3 section,cheers Andy

2nd Gear

Status
    Very very nice, a cracking motor, well worth keeping on top of now.

Polished Bliss

Status
    Here you go...

---

Bit of a change for me this weekend, I got some help in the polishing department!

Andy's a long-time dub enthusiast and keen detailer, but hasn't yet got round to purchasing a PC, so he drafted me in to knock the swirls out of his tuned A3 quattro sport. The car itself is pretty much a 5-door S3 only with a better chassis set-up and a few more BHP - real sleeper!

The mission today was to tag-team the car to correct the paint and treat it to a 3-stage finish with Andy's Blackfire Products, which I was keen to try and Andy was keen to get the best from. The detail was nearly cancelled due to the truly weak weather, but fellow dubber Steveo kindly donated his garage, so we were in business.

Andy had already washed the car at his place using his AB foam lance, megs hyper wash and the two-bucket method, so it was already looking pretty good by the time we got set up in the garage:

The car was given a thorough and careful wipe down with Megs NXT speed detailer and ultra-plush MF's to ensure there was no dirt on the car after the short drive to the lockup, and this also revealed the car didn't need claying - Andy had taken care of this a few months earlier.

Onto the polishing then! the halogens showed what we were up against:

General wash swirling with a few RDS, which considering the age and mileage of the car was testament to the way Andy looks after it.

A test section of the bonnet revealed that the Audi paint was typically tough - it was going to be a long day with the PC, so I swapped it in favour of the Rotary! Menzerna Intensive Polish 3.02 combined with a few drops of Final Finish 85RD on a coolfoam light cut pad gave good correction, with only a few deeper RDS left, and a pin-sharp finish. The grey flake in the paint made it hard to capture the improvement:
    50/50

Bonnet before

50/50

Corrected

This combo was used on all panels, spreading at 900rpm, working the polish up through 1300 to around 1800 rpm, then reducing speed to around 1200rpm to refine the finish and burnish to a high gloss. Lights and bumpers corrected with the PC!

While I was correcting Andy followed me round the car with the PC, applying the first Blackfire stage, Gloss Enhancing Polish. Once worked in and buffed off, each panel had Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection applied again by PC, which was buffed off once cured. Andy in action trying to manouvre round the punchbag:

Personally I was highly impressed by the Blackfire products - very easy to apply and remove, and they definitely upped the gloss and slickness of the paint over polishing alone. Reflective isn't the word!

To finish the car had a coat of Blackfire's Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba - Another impressive Blackfire product which went on and off really easily, and added some depth and further wetness to the finish. After a quick wipedown of the glass, dress of the tyres with poorboys and a final inspection, it was time for some after shots in the afternoon murk:

Not a bad day's work - hopefully there'll be some better pics next time, as I'm hoping to go back and get out a few remaining RDS when my Paint Thickness Gauge has arrived!

Cheers to Andy for letting me have a go with the Blackfire, and for supplying a lunch of Pasty and cookies, nice one!
    Another Cheers to Steve for the garage too!

6th Gear

Status
    Nice darts, really nice darts
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

Neutral

Status
    Looks good, that must have taken some time to get the swirls out with a PC tho
    contact admin to advertise

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Andy, nice work there, now she looks as well as she goes. !! If you need practice at any time i have a nicely swirled A4 to test on,lol