Interior cleaning, seats, a-pillars etc?

Rocko

TT 225
Reaction score
Due to the fact Im a dirty heartless smoker and my good lady isnt shes always bollocking on about the smell in the car.

My A-Pillars could do with a ****** good clean and probably the roof lining. What would I be best using for this? My plastics probably smell like an ashtray also. Its an B6 A4 SE with the creamy fabric interior (God Im technical :keule:)

Also due to the amount of time Ive spent rubbin isopon over the last 4 months (you'll see why soon) the dust has nicely engrained itself in the fabric of my half leather S4 recaros. Ive airlined it out every week or so but it stil seems quite shocking.

Advice would be nice there too.

Many Thanks.

Yeah I'm the same, those damn devil sticks!

I used Megs APC 10:1 for the first time at the weekend on the interior (got an S3) and I have to say it worked very well. On the platics it picked up the dirt and glossed it up a little and smells better than before. I used to use Simoniz Interior spray it was okay but not as good as the APC. I then tried it on the rooflining (small spot in the back to start with) and it brought off quite of bit of crap, so I carried on and did the entire lot. It does look a lot cleaner and I had to used 3 cloths as they got pretty mucky. The only issue I have is the condensation but that will go in due course. Overall quite impressed by the APC, it does seem to be very versatile. I tried it on the mrs VRS interior, it has the 'mesh' fabric, it did okay but left a couple of water spots, I reckon i can get them out. I would recommend that you spray a fine mist over from above instead of pointing the nozzle direct onto the seat, this way worked better on the other seat. For the leather parts I have the Megs Leather Cleaner to finish it off, the APC again did well on removing the basic crap and the Megs topped it off.

It does smell a little better, but the hint of smoke will always be there...ho hum

In all honesty a proper wet n dry vacuuming session will be needed, as you need to inject a cleaner into the fabric then extract it again (along with all the tar based muck). We did a blue Boxster recently and the colour of the extraction water was gross - makes a huge difference though, removing the smell completely. For the plastics and vinyl the above APC method is great, but for the fabrics a proper interiopr valet with a wet n dry is the only way to go for full correction of the problem. :yes: