Water contaminants

Dave B

REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?
Reaction score
Guys a question for you,

We filter water in the home to remove contaminats, in the south of england we have some of the hardest water arround, with products becoming available that filter or soften the water do any of you use them?

Softening only converts the mineral contaminats so will still leave a residue and contaminants, where as proper filters would either half or completely remove these.

Tableware washers and glass washer machiunes in Pubs Restaurants often use them to reduce polishing time and get better finishes.

I have changed jobs and as a I by product it has made me aware of such options

Should we not be using these to was our cars? or are you all ready?

just a lazy saturday afternoon quandry

Dave:o.k:

Northern water is waaay harder than your Southern water! It goes out without a coat, can do 10 pints and get up for work the day after, and eat kebabs! So there!

Seems a valid point though mate, as the same stuff that flushes the loos and comes out the taps, cleans our pride and joys!

I only thought as im reviewing my cleaning supplies ready for a post winter/annual intensive scrub down and I know as soon as the cars washed it will be white from the Oxfordshire water.....

Quite a few detailers and enthusiasts in the South of England put their water through such a process. As you say, the water is full of.....

My only experience of it was when detailing stoakseya4's 2 Audis last summer and as a result took me approx 3 hours to wash, clay, wash, dry and then get water contam off the paint before I could machine the swirls out. Not a good experience I have to say. So, I guess if I lived down that neck of the woods and being into detailing then I would have no hesitation in investing in a reasonable one. Can then be stored in 25L water containers like the ones you get in the workplace water fountain things.

I'm sure you're going to get one now right?
:icon_thumright:

Cheers Guys,
I am going to get one, hopefully, from work and a little larger than the one mentioned, but yes its a PITA.
spent 5 hours doing my car today and was shocked how much was on it again, purely from rinsing.:noway:

Cheers guys, ill let you know how I get on

Dave