Bank Hol deal at Halfrauds

Kontraband

Reaction score
Dunno if this is all the halfords in UK but ALL cleaning products are 3 for 2 at moment, inc the megauirs products...

just in case anyone was after some?!

yep was in there b4 taking full advantage.
nice1 for the heads up thou

no worries... only went in for a pump adapter for pushbike... thought Id take advantage whilst there.

**** and ******.....went to chesser yesterday to buy the Meguiars quik clay kit because i didnt want to buy from halfrauds (good en).... then went half hour ago to get auto glym tar remover!!! spotted the display but didnt think it'd include the Meguiars....****......

Have they said how long its lasting? could do with a meguiars wash mit.... and err im sure i'll find sumat else

normally the 3for2 last for around a few weeks if i remember correctly but this may just be for the easter period so id get in there quick

any suggestions? was going to buy the Jeffs acrylic kit for the sealant as mine is mineral grey so thats the top coat sorted....... ended up buying the tar stuff, metal cleaner etc...... have a trade job lot of auto glym glass cleaner which seems good and never had any probs...... all i can think of needing is some sort of scratch remover..... to get rid of the light scratches that annoy me day in day out...... t cut colour? or is that swearing on this forum :asskicking:

u said the 'T' word!!:blow:
dont bother with any of them scratch removers, the only thing that will remove scratches from hard audi paint is a machine polisher. couldnt really recommend anything to u, its just what u need really isnt it, didnt u mention u needed a washmit b4? u could get some foam applicators/wheels brushes...list goes on, just what u think you need really fella

I use the Jeffs Acrylic sealant on mine and it's the Mutts Nutts!!

Agree with chris re scratch removal - you can remove it by hand but it'll be an absolute ball ache to do.

Also if you want to use the 3 for 2 then go for: -

- Lambswool Wash mitt for the body
- Microfibre mitt for the sills / arches / wheels
- Gold Class shampoo

good call cheekee.... :superman:..... gonna be giving it another wash today also....try and get some piccys up of the defects.....i think the problem with halfords is that you have to pick out the good stuff from the ****...and theres a hell of a lot of **** there...

Chris, have a confession mate.... i ended up getting some xscratch to see what it would do, i have quite a few smaller surface scratches...and TBH.... was struggling what to buy..... even with the offer, Halfrauds lived upto their name.... the smaller meguiars wheel brush which is £6.85 @ polished bliss + P&P, Halfrauds want £11.99!! robbing barstuards.....

I ended up buying Meguiars wheel cleaner, the bast halfrauds own brand wheel brush to test, and to make me do till i place my order with polished bliss and the Meguiars Xscratch..... which has cleaned parts of my badly scratched areas up quite nicely..... well.... enough for me to able to wait for the detail in the summer....

P1000688.jpg

o well if it has worked for u then cool but the general concensus is that they dont do much, not worth the money anyway. id recomend getting some autoglym super resin polish, this fills the scratches somewhat to reduce the appearence of the scratches and swirls

my thoughts were that i didnt really want anything else that they had mate and effectively it was free;)..... that shop is literally for those emergency moments..... i dont trust the quality of anything they sell apart from the branded stuff..... that said the wheel brush it quite good lol.....

Im gonna stock up on a full kit when i place the order with polishedbliss so anything i buy now is just additionals to get me by--roll on the summer

o well if it has worked for u then cool but the general concensus is that they dont do much, not worth the money anyway. id recomend getting some autoglym super resin polish, this fills the scratches somewhat to reduce the appearence of the scratches and swirls

AG super resin is the nuts

IMAGE_096.jpg

i have decided to go sealant im afraid fellas.... jeffs acrylic all the way...just means im gonna have to make sure all is tip top before i apply it;)

yeah, I gotta get some sealant sorted... started finding red brick colour spots on the car which I assume are from working on a site that is still being built around me.

Anyway, the gold megs shampoo I picked up at the weekend was lovely... hell, its was velvety... I was amazed as Ive never used any deent stuff before... normally picking up turtle wax or some other crap car shampoo stuff for under £5. Now I have paint work I wanna take care of its a bit different.

Anyway, the lambswoll mitt is good too... not used the leather conditioner yet... no need.

Will probably go back today and top up on some other stuff... need a wheel brush, as I was going to use the karcher brush, but its not accurate enough. Oh, and I need some wash for the karcher itself.

Id have thought as has been said, that the deal would be on at least a week, as it wasnt advertised as a 'bank hol' deal ... rather a 3-4-2 deal.

be careful mate.... they dont stock the bigger wheel brush from Meguiars, only the small which PB sell for £6.85.... Halfrauds are charging £11.99...even with 241, its a rip off...when i went they only had their own lambswool mitts @ £9 and Meguiars fine mitt that PB suggest using for the wheels...... very limited and what they did have was expensive.......

which Halfords did you go to??

They had the lambswool and the ...urm... other one... when I went... and about 3 different types of brushes... if the 1 I was looking at was a small... Id have thought the big would be TOO BIG??

i went to Drakehouse....near crystal peaks..... the brush i looked at was the long yellow type from Meguiars..... about 4 inch in diameter

I went to the 1 on Queens Rd. I think that brush too was a 4 inch diameter one... I would have thought wider was too wide tho??

well the one i ended up getting was a smaller version of that halfords own brand..... bends round corners etc..... will do till i place order with PB.....halfords were too expensive for theb decent ones......

Meguiars wool mit and Meguiars Terry towel bought today £14 for both!! bargain....i think? seemed to be lol....but not from halfrauds..from chesvegas