Washed, clayed, waxed twice and sealed...Pics!

Andy D

Reaction score
All done, whole day of hard work, worth it IMO:rock:!
S1030605.jpg
S1030604.jpg
S1030602.jpg
S1030603.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Meguires Gold class shampoo, Meguires clay kit with quick detailer spray.
washed and rinsed again.
Autoglym high gloss wax (black label), then Autoglym sealant (gold label) used my rotary polisher and then microfibre finishing cloths

I'm going to start to use colinite and jetseal once I get a hold of them

Bet that was an all day session!!
Looking to do a bit of detailing my self
(only just discovered this site and it has opened up a world of advice).
Mines just coming up to a year old and I have only ever washed and polished. Been scouring polished bliss site, what to choose!!
Have you ever used Blackfire Wet Dimond all paint protection sealent or any of the Blackfire products?

Totally agree, bet those rain beads were like marbles!!

Can I just ask (sorry total novice here)...

What color spec you have and...

The honey comb infill around your fog's - retro or part of the bumper?

Totally agree, bet those rain beads were like marbles!!

Can I just ask (sorry total novice here)...

What color spec you have and...

The honey comb infill around your fog's - retro or part of the bumper?

it's a 2004 A4 TDI 130bhp sport (6)

the fog surrounds are part of the Factory GMBH styling kit which includes bumpers, lower door mouldings and lowered suspension.

I added the mirrors and s-line badges as I like the way they contrast with the black and tie in the chrome window trim too.

I'm a complete novice with Audi as I've had Vauxhalls over the last few years which I've enjoyed detailing and adding subtle touches.

all

Look's the Mutt's mukka!!

A Bit of advice on detailing to a complete novice if you have a min please.

I'm thinkin....

Wash with BF Gloss shampoo (lambs wool wash mit of course) oh and two bucket method...

Skip the clay bar... not confident with my experiertise (might wreck the paint!!)

Light glaze with BF Gloss polish

Used with Lake country applictor pad

Finish with....

BF WD all finish paint protection

All by hand!!

Your comments would be much appreciated.
Am I cutting corners or would this be a good starting point????

Sounds like a plan A3mad.

I found the clay easy to use and TBH the reults amazed me, the smoothes silkiest finish I'd ever managed.

It's really worth doing and really easy to do, as long as you use loads of quick detailer to keep the paint surface lubricated and you frequently fold the clay bar so you're always using a clean white surface and not rubbing any grim you've lifted into the paint surface.

What you've said should give you a brilliant finish and I'd love to see the before and after shots of a panel before polish and glaze and after it.

I've heard really good stuff about Blackfire on Black paint finishes and TBH as a novice who is starting to understand detailing and finding his own feet on methods I'm open to changing the products I use according to the results others have had.

You'll need to remember to drop me a line when it's all done so I can see your results.

Your comments are truely inspiring Andy! Thanks!!

I like the idea of sticking to 1 product throughout, though I think I will hang fire on the clay for now.

I Promise pics to come, once I've figured out how to post them!! again any advice is greatfully appreciated.

My order is going in tomorrow.

Cheers mukka!!!