Can anyone help me with my A4

adcooper

Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line
Reaction score
Hi all only had my A4 Avant 1 week and i dont think the dealer or previous owner has washed it properly and its never seen polish. I need help with the sills, i have washed it twice and have used mags scrach x and autoglym paint restorer on them but it still comes out as if they have salt all over them, tried to attach pictures. Can anyone help with getting this sorted?? Cheers Adam

http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1647

i cant see the pics, upload them to photobucket and post them here, i will take a look and see what i can suggest :)

They look to me to be Chips in the paint work iv seen a few like that, where people have gravel drives etc, not much you can do with them apart from a respray of the sills

sorry

Right been cleaning the sills and i think that the dots are white line paint as its on some of the black plastic. If it is how can i safely remove it??

Ah cool in that case, you could try claying them you may need a agressive ish clay to get it off tho, but any marring will be easy enough to clen up with a light polish

Do many places on the highstreet sell that stuff or is it really internet only?? Is it easy to use?

you would be best off to get it off the net as you cant get the aggresive stuff on the high street, you could try the megs clay kit you get in Halfords, its only about 12 quid IIRR it has all the instructions on there, it is easy to use, if you have any trouble on the day of doing it feel free to give me a call, i will talk you through it

James B

Cheers for the help and advice, one last thing someone just said to use some paint thinners is that wise??? Im thinking not!!

NO dont use paint thinners you will eat into the laquer and you could end up with all sorts of problems, and those white marks will be the least of our worries

^^ very true, you can use thinners on original paint 80% of the time but unless you really know what you are doing and know about car paint, give it a miss cos you could well balls it right up, if you where near e i would say run it in to us and i would take a look but you are miles away, just try the clay first mate

Cheers again for the advice i will give it a go.