Detailers in Central London?

Rikster23

On the facelift path...
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any detailers willing to come into central London?

I live in SW1 and recently bought a second hand 8L A3 which recieved a nice scratch from a bike courier and basically would like to have the car detailed as well.

No, he did it while the car was parked stationary.

Only did my sister in law come out after hearing a crunch only to find it speed off.

We have his licence plate, but we tried to claim and he didnt notify his company.

My bumper currently is indented, luckily its the bottom part where it is black pastic.

There are 2 scratches which is causing me a little concern due to the lovely british weather.

I have managed to clay the area and use the Halfrauds correction paints.

Looking at the threads I am going to try filling it, letting it dry and sanding it before detailing it. However I have no detailing machine and would love to borrow one or else hand buff it :)

Rikster23 said:
Just wondering if there are any detailers willing to come into central London?

I live in SW1 and recently bought a second hand 8L A3 which recieved a nice scratch from a bike courier and basically would like to have the car detailed as well.

Try jamesb on here. You'll find him on some threads before!
James is very experienced.

Cheers,

JOHN:icon_thumright:

^^ thanks mate, as siad yes in from just north of London, but i travel all over, im more than happy to take a look for you :) have a browse over my web site, on here or DW for examples of my work :)

James B

hi james. im about to buy an S3 on wednesday... it has a few line scratches and the odd stone chip in the bodywork and am wondering if this will cover up those white areas !

Paint Correction Detail From £365.00 approx 10-19 hours

i live in buckinghamshire but could bring the car to london?

let me know !

cheers !

Hi mate yes it should do, its hard for me to tell with out seeing the car if i can get 100% but i can definately make a big improvement, as for the chips you would need to have or go get a touch up stick, or i can get it that will add about 7-10 IIRR (not 100% sure on Audi touch up kit costs it could be any where up to 20) by all means bring it to me and i can take a look and give a solid quote:icon_thumright: there is a detailingt meet at my work shop this sat your welcome to pop along to that, there will be a few cars i have done there, if not any week day im down there

james b

Thanks James. Will have a look during lunch at the site and contact you afterwards.

I will give it a bash at the scratch marks this week and chip marks.

Do I get some rubbing alcohol before applying the paint on?

I have got the halfrauds touch up kit last weekend. Also Clayed the car and brought up more swirl marks from previous owner.

OK, a question.

I don't suppose there are places that actually loan/hire the buffing machines at all?

Ofc Im going to give James a call, however for future detailing its quite an investment to buy a machine, the solutions and clay etc.

Any thoughts?

in all fairness its a tricky one to polish Audi paint to any really decent finish via PC or megs G220 is all ways going to take a long long time and be hard work but its quite safe, where as its not so long and drawen out with a rotary but there are dangers ie damaging paint etc if you dont know what your doing, sertaily for just a run over with a final finish a PC etc is a good bit of kit to have in the bag, but for major correction on these paint types IMO they fall short, come along tomorrow to our detailing meet if your intersested ;)

link : http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56918

if not give me a call im always happy to help :)

James B

I would love to attend a next one. I have a football match every Sunday with my team :(

Washed the car today and clayed it. Realised I got another scractch on the front bumper now!!

Stupid a$$holes cant park in central!! :rtfm:

s3-josh said:
hi james. im about to buy an S3 on wednesday... it has a few line scratches and the odd stone chip in the bodywork and am wondering if this will cover up those white areas !

Paint Correction Detail From £365.00 approx 10-19 hours

i live in buckinghamshire but could bring the car to london?

let me know !

cheers !

Hello mate where in bucks you from?