Sonus Cleanser

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody used this as a pre-wax cleaner? WAs it any good?

Cheers

I think it's a good enough cleanser. I've used it on some of my paint details as I got it free with my PC at the time. Did you get it free with some sort of package at all? If so, go ahead and use it. It's a very competent pre-wax cleanser.

If you don't already have it and are looking to buy a PW Cleanser new, then I'd recommend Dodo Lime Prime as the one to get for the money (£13 for 250ml). It does a fantastic job and is the one I used on the Cayman.

Or, JEFFS Prime Carnauba from PB on here.

Hope this helps:icon_thumright:

Cheers dude.

Was going to get it as it seemed real cheap!!! £5 a tub!

YEah heard alot of good thinks re: dodo. so i guess i could give that ago.

I was going to:

Clay
Clean (dodo)
DO i need a sealant?
Wax (zymol carbon)

The DODO is a pre-WAX prep and contains oils that most waxes will bond to no problem. The generality here is not to lay a synthetic sealant on top of a PW cleasner. On top of an Acrylic cleanser like JEFFS Prime Acrylic yes.

My big preference is a nice wax on top of a well-prepped surface. It has a nice glow, especially in low level light. Carbon is very nice IMO. But again the DODO waxes come reasonably respected for their postage-free price.
And then there's Blackfire Midnight Sun. Bet you can't decide now!!!!

My first wax was Carbon, I just decided to buy it. It was not going to make my car look bad was it? It had been well-prepared beforehand.

If you decide on a sealant (slightly longer durability) then the JEFFS Acrylic system is a very good place to start.

Make sure you understand the content of guides 1, 2 and 4 here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33236

Hope this helps. :icon_thumright:

sorry to steal your post,BUT when i wash my car i use autosmart duet wash n wax,and if it needs waxing i do,what else can i do to make my motor gleam even more?

Do a full prep beforehand, which I assume you've carried out.:)

After all, the final 'looky' part is due to the prep and not really the last stage.

Car looks nice by the way.

jr001 said:
Do a full prep beforehand, which I assume you've carried out.:)

After all, the final 'looky' part is due to the prep and not really the last stage.

Car looks nice by the way.
tar mate,its got a damaged wing at mo and front bumper,some **** ran into me,insurance is sortin it tho,as soon as thats sorted guna do some serious cleaning and polishing,its clean but its heartbreaking when im washing it and i get to the damage lol

Know the feeling, I've got 4 new dents and scuffs from a bottle ambush while travelling through one of the darker ends of Glasgow.

The music must be faced and at the end of the day that's why we pay our insurance!

Get some pics of yours up when you're happy with it.:icon_thumright:

why do you think i havent done lol,when all is sorted and its gleaming,il get some decent pics up of it :)