Leather Care...

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hey all.

Just wondering what you guys and girls use to take care of your leather interior and where you get it from. Also, how frequently has it got to be done?

Thanks for any info!

Coss

I use a damp cloth and at the moment Auto Glym leather conditioner although that is very soon going to change, probably to zymol conditioner. I try to clean the leather once a month and condition it at the same time or when it start looking a little shiney and dry.

Thanks guys. Will invest in a bottle :icon_thumright:

SteveTDCi said:
I use a damp cloth and at the moment Auto Glym leather conditioner although that is very soon going to change, probably to zymol conditioner. I try to clean the leather once a month and condition it at the same time or when it start looking a little shiney and dry.

Pretty much what I do, damp cloth to clean and then feed the leather with Gliptone Leather Feed. Brilliant stuff, I've tried the megs, Auto Glym and the zymol stuff and this is definately the best.

Leaves a a nice matt finish, makes the leather smell new.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Pretty much what I do, damp cloth to clean and then feed the leather with Gliptone Leather Feed. Brilliant stuff, I've tried the megs, Auto Glym and the zymol stuff and this is definately the best.

Leaves a a nice matt finish, makes the leather smell new.

J.

yep, Gliptone all the way for me too.
I've used the Zymol & Autoglym and found they leave a shiny surface whereas the Gliptone stays matt and smells like liquid leather

Zymol Treat is my favourite in terms of looks and smell but it is pricey, Gliptone works great but smells like old people to me, and Poorboys Leather Stuff is a good value option that works pretty well and smells like new leather. In most cases feeding your leather every 3-4 months is an ideal habit to get into, with a proper clean thrown in once a year or so using either a dedicated leather cleaning solution or an APC diluted 10:1 (the latter only really needed for very dirty leather).

Maybe we got a dodgy bottle then? I was excited to try it until I smelt it, but no doubting it works well. Wonder if it goes off over time or something and we just happened to get an old bottle? Might have to buy another one to make sure... :)

I use liquid leather (www.liquidleather.com).

Don't let teh stupid name and cheap website fool you, the stuff is excellent. I have previously tried a number of products, including autoglym and the liquid leather beats them all hands down. Liquid leather is gliptone that others are mentioning.

I use it about once every 3 months and it keeps the leather like new. If anyone wants, I have some photos from a few years back of some Ibiza Cupra Sport half leather seats that I restored using the gliptone scuff master kit. The results were amazing.

Another gliptone fan here. Makes my RS4 interior look, feel and smell fantastic.

I also use it on my sofas, and i'm glad to say my living room doesn't smell like the dressing room for the cast of Cocoon!

WX51TXR said:
Poorboys Leather Stuff is a good value option that works pretty well and smells like new leather.

I was slightly disapointed with the Poorboys stuff Rich.
I found it got into the tight seams and left a light blue powdery residue, and seemed to remian slightly shiny for too long.

I went back to Autoglym and found it much better.

Perhaps I was putting the Poorboys stuff on too thickly?

Possibly; it doesn't leave as good a finish as some of the other products mentioned above, but I've not seen it leave a powdery residue before, so overapplication may be the cause... could do with getting a higher quality leather product into the store now. Treat was great, but expensive, so a product with similar performance for half the cost would be nice. :yes:

Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like the gliptone is the more popular one so will give that a go!

I've gone on the liquidleather website and it seems as thought the link for the order form isnt working! Is there anywhere else I can get this stuff from?

Coss

Kool. Good service then! Looking at the Gliptone GT13. Do I need to bother with the conditioner? Or will the GT13 once every 3 months keep things nice?

Coss