Polished Bliss: ANOTHER bad one.......

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
No rest for the wicked as they say!
This was a detail done a couple of days ago on yet another swirly car, no before pics as i didnt start work till nearly lunch time (was in court as i'm still fighting the Police over my issue with my Tyres some of you may know about :rolleyes: ) but Rich was just finishing off the wash stage when i arrived so i could crack on with the polishing:

And inside after being dried off the defects were like this:

Funny how you get used to cars like this when you see them all the time, a year ago i would have been thinking "oh f*ck!" but now i just get on with it lol :lol:

The paint (which was incredibly orange peely, these latest BMW's are the worst i've seen yet) was healthy all round with an approx. average of 150 microns so as with the last few correction details, i used a 3M Compounding pad and Menz 3.02 @1800-2000rpm's to de-swirl.

A couple of shots during correction:

before:

after:

50/50 on the bonnet:

There were a couple of really deep scratches on the bonnet that the owner had inflicted by dragging a sponge over the paint after he dropped it on his driveway (which consists of chuckies! :confused: :doublesho ). I knew i couldnt fully remove them but i wanted to try and reduce their appearance a bit so out came the sanding discs with the PC:

The discs had been soaked in a shampoo solution for half an hour before hand to "soften" them up a bit.

First scratch to be tackled:

During Sanding:

And after being polished out:

A bit better :)

Next one was a bit deeper:

During:

After:

Again, not great but given the severity of the scratches it was all i expected to be honest.

Once the correction was done i refined the finish again with 3M Perfect-it III Ultrafina SE and a blue 3M finishing pad @1500rpm's, for some reason the 85rd wasnt playing ball so i switched to the 3M to save any messing about :)

A Zymöl duster was used to remove all the polishing dust before i applied Blackfire's Wet Diamond followed with the new Midnight Sun wax and left to cure while the other jobs were done.

Rich detailed the interior and sealed the wheels (PW Wheel Sealant)/dressed the tyres (BF Long Lasting Tyre Gel) while i polished up the tailpipes (Blackfire metal compound) and tidied up a few other bits before buffing off the wax.

Not the greatest of after pics in my opinion due to the horrendous amounts of OP but it was all i could be ar$ed taking after a late finish and a stinking cold :rolleyes: :D :

Seems like you still get quite a decent flake pop with the Blackfires.

What's your method of application?. You guys seem to keep the Sun Ivory on for quite some time before buffing off?

PS. Nice job :icon_thumright: