AT LAST! UK Spec CE certified 230v DA machine from Meguiars!

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
For those of you wanting to enter the world of machine polishing without resorting to buying 110v units from the US and changing the plug/using them with a transformer, check out this link - the new Meguiars 230v UK specification CE certified dual action machine polisher will be available in just a few weeks time, and to celebrate we're offering each pre-ordered one with two free Lake Country pads...

Meguiars Dual Action Polishing Machine - Meguiars Car Care and Detailing Products

The million dollar question of course is "will it be up to tackling rock hard Audi paint?". The answer is maybe - we've yet to test this unit, but on paper it's got even more grunt than the UDM which we tested last summer, and that unit was up to achieving 85-90% correction on pretty knackered hard paint. For those not wanting to go down the rotary route, it will undoubtedly be the best dual action option available at the current time, due to the quality of the unit and the ease of use.

:)

What polish should I use on an black S3 which has been recently detailed so no swirl marks as of yet.

Also I have a Silver Ford Puma to do with minor swirl marks. I normally use PB stuff but bought some blackfire products off you which were very good but wondering which products you would recommend.

For the black S3, sounds like you need a glaze rather than a polish, as you have no cutting work to do. Thus, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish would be a great bet for maximum gloss without removing any more paint. On the Puma, chances are you will need either a strong finishing polish or light compound, depending on whether you're working by hand or machine? Let me know and I'll confirm the best starting point polish and pad wise. :)

Hi

I'm new to the forum and detailing but already 'addicted' and have lots of questions before I go and make my purchases....

For the polishing machine I guess there are now 3 choices now: -

1) Porter (imported with 110v transformer etc.)
2) UDM
3) Meguiare's

But....which is the best in terms of use (bearing in mind I'm a novice!) and also value for money?

Thanks
CM

i so want to purchase one of those! I just dont know wether I have enough confidence to tackle mine or others cars with it. More than happy doing mechanical jobs but I dont how this woud turn out!

Could it be worth getting hold of a scrap panel/door to have a good practice on first?

cheekeemonkey said:
Hi

I'm new to the forum and detailing but already 'addicted' and have lots of questions before I go and make my purchases....

For the polishing machine I guess there are now 3 choices now: -

1) Porter (imported with 110v transformer etc.)
2) UDM
3) Meguiare's

But....which is the best in terms of use (bearing in mind I'm a novice!) and also value for money?

Thanks
CM

My thoughts are summed up perfectly in the product description on our site, which is copied below...

Finally after several years of patient waiting, UK detailing enthusiasts are now able to buy a fully CE certified 220v UK specification dual action machine polisher designed specifically for use on their cars! The release of the Meguiars Dual Action Polishing Machine has been dogged by delays for some time now, mainly due to a commendable approach by Meguiars to ensuring that the final unit design is as robust and user friendly as possible. Particular attention has been paid to the key issues of durability and vibration, and the use of high quality CNC machined components and rubberised outer casing materials reflects this. Similar in style and usage as the ever popular Porter Cable 7424 and the more recently released Ultimate Detailing Machine, the Meguiars Dual Action Polishing Machine offers distinct advantages in terms of higher available machine speeds, lower noise output, less vibration and most importantly plug and play usability rather than necessitating the use of a 110v transformer.

I have one of each machine sat on our detailing shelf at the unit. All three are good: the PC has served us very well for over 2 years now, but lacks enough grunt to tackle hard germanic paints; the UDM has enough grunt but build quality is dubious and it vibrates a lot; the Megs machine seems to offer the best of both worlds, in that it has decent corrective power but feels a lot nicer to use. We are putting the Megs machine through it's paces on a F430 this week, write up to come soon, and it's performing well on the ceramiclear paint. For me, the Megs machine is the one to go for. :)

Issac Hunt said:
i so want to purchase one of those! I just dont know wether I have enough confidence to tackle mine or others cars with it. More than happy doing mechanical jobs but I dont how this woud turn out!

Could it be worth getting hold of a scrap panel/door to have a good practice on first?

If you are really nervous then yes, but in all honesty this type of machine is easy enough to use and very safe; to go wrong with one is virtually unheard of. I always say to people like you, start off with a light finishing polish on a polishing pad at lowish speeds, and work up your skills and abilities over time. You'll get the hang of it within a few minutes, and as your confidence grows you'll feel better about cranking it up to full correction speeds. Also, take the time to read the guide on our site - lots of tips and tricks included...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides_polish.html

:)

Thanks again! Good advice - seems the Megs is the one to go for.....

CM

Going back to what to use on Black I really like the finish of the Jeffs range.