New wax - Blackfire Midnight Sun

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Jeepers, we've had this over a week now and this is the first chance I've had to mention it! If you've been following our work you may have been waiting for this one to arrive - the latest Blackfire wax. We've had it on test for over a month now, and it's good - really good. Here's the details...

Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Wax - £39.95

BFMidnightSunWax.jpg

"With the addition of a revolutionary new crystal super-polymer to the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection formula in 2004, modern synthetic paint sealants took a significant step closer to being able to produce finishes very close to those given by high quality carnauba waxes. However, whilst this super-polymer produces a terrifically wet looking shine with excellent reflectivity, it still doesn't quite give the shimmering liquidity and depth that a high quality carnauba wax imparts. Consequently, many enthusiasts have tried layering carnauba waxes over Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection, in order to gain the best of both worlds in terms of the final finish and durability. However, in many cases the results were disappointing, with hazing and streaking resulting from the failure of the carnauba wax to bond properly with the underlying sealant layer.

In 2005 the manufacturers of Blackfire set out to remedy this problem, and produce a carnauba wax that would bond properly to Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection. Over twenty different formulas were tested over a period of eighteen months, all combining varying amounts of high quality Brazilian ivory carnauba wax with the new super-polymer. By incorporating the super-polymer into the wax matrix, the bonding issue was fully overcome, and further advantages gained in the form of enhanced durability and ease of use. The final resulting product, Blackfire Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, was released in early 2007, offering all of benefits afforded by state of the art polymer technology, married with the shimmering liquidity that only a high quality carnauba wax can give.

Roll on to late 2007, and the manufacturers of Blackfire have further refined the formula, fortifying it with additional carnauba wax content and gloss enhancing oils that extend durability to around four months from a single application. This new formula, called Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, gives a dripping wet look rippling with energy and vibrancy on darker coloured paints, and a laser sharp shine on lighter coloured paints. In our opinion, it simply doesn't get any better than this, unless you are prepared to spend thousands on a bespoke high-end wax. Deeply impressive."

...and this is what it does...

Oh, and finally, the old Blackfire wax is now being phased out, so if anyone wants a bargain we've just slashed £10 off the usual price, making it just £29.95 while stocks last. See here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb204protect.html

:)

A real cracking finish there PB. I now know what to ask for a Christmas pressie. Will speak to my good lady and see if wax is allowed.

Top job:icon_thumright:

Yeah, I'm keen to try this too. Looks good. Clark/Rich - your thoughts about this on sprint blue - as you'll know I use the JEFF's at present and very happy with that. What difference do you think BlackFire would do for the finish?

What it will do is give much more wetness and gloss, at the expense of a little reflectivity and flake pop. If you look up these pics it will give you a fair idea of the finish to expect (Midnight Sun is very close to Vintage in terms of wetness, but lacks the same amount of shimmer/vibrancy when seen in the flesh)...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44495

:)

Thanks Rich - I see what you're saying, looks very good though. When I'm getting low on JEFF's I think I'll give it a whirl!

Can't get the links in the pictures to work....

Now that is a serious finish that i want on my car as its black.

How do u get on for applying it?? hand or machine??

And if machine is it a case of scooping out a small ammount and placing it on the pad and simply applying it to the car???

I love the finish on the magane sooo much its what ime after on my car if possible how many layers would u say is needed to get the same or very similar finish???

Just one layer, applied by hand and buffed off by hand. Machines are great for the polishing stage, but adding waxes and sealants is always best done by hand in our opinion. :)