Polished Bliss: Mercedes CL500.

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
This is the other car belonging to the customers who had us do their Range Rover detailed in this thread:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47518

The Mercedes was booked in for a Zymöl Protection Detail only, which was a relief for me after the long 2 days spent on the RR! Its also one of 3 black cars booked in for this week!
C500.jpg

Like the RR, the car was generally very clean and had only covered around 11,000 miles - so swirling was average.

Wash:

As with most pre washes, the car was foamed with Hyper Wash and left to dwell for 5 mins, this was then rinsed at high pressure and i then cleaned the arches with Super Degreaser and the wheels with Shampoo Plus and a MF mitt. The car was then foamed again and then washed TBM and Shampoo Plus before being rinsed. The fingertip test revealed very little in the way of tar spots so i went straight to claying (wheels got a bit of Tardis though as they had tar spots on the inner rims), which was Meguiars Mild Detailing Clay this time, using generous amounts of Last Touch as lube to prevent marring.

I then foamed the car again and gave it a final rinse, then dried it off with a waffle weave towel. There was little protection on the car so drying with the leaf blower would have taken ages, also as no polishing was to be done, water running out of panel gaps wasnt such a big problem today :)

Cleanse/wax:

Next step was to apply Zymöl HD Cleanse to the paintwork, applied and worked in with a Meguiars MF applicator pad. This was kept damp with Last Touch and i worked the HDC in with heavy pressure to ensure as much filling as possible. A quick mist with Last Touch ensured the HDC buffed off with ease :)

The wax of choice again was Vintage and this was applied in the usual way (red side of a German Applicator pad) and left to cure while i did the wheels/tyres/arches/exhausts/interior etc.

Poorboys Wheel Sealant was applied to the wheels and Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel was applied to the tyres. The car was then jacked up to allow me to gain access to the arches which were dressed with Meguiars All Season Dressing. Meguiars NXT Metal Polish was enough to bring the tailpipes back to bling and the interior was given a quick going over, but like the RR it was like new inside anyways, a credit to the owners :thumb:

Field Glaze for the final wipe down was the last step to finish off around 7 hours of what was a much easier day than Monday and Tuesday!

Afters:

C500m.jpg

C500l.jpg

C500k.jpg

C500j.jpg

C500g.jpg

C500f.jpg

C500e.jpg

C500i.jpg

C500d.jpg

C500c.jpg

C500b.jpg

C500a.jpg

C500h.jpg

Thanks for looking, and thanks to the owners for letting me work on 2 very nice (all be it VERY big) cars :thumb:

Next up - a black RS4 Avant :)