tree sap

A4 TC

1.8T quattro sline
Reaction score
Help required My whole roof and bonnet is covered in tree sap whats the best way of removal.

I'm no expert, but claying after a good wash should do it.

also a good idea to use something like chemical guys strong wash first as this can remove alot crud too and minimise the claying which can leave marring.

cheers for reply guys tried claying doesnt really really lift it off still loads left on, this sh1t is really stuck on feel like going across the road and chopping the feckers down. is there anything like you spray on or rub on and softens it up that makes it easy to wipe off .
p.s ive even had white spirit on it that was all right on the fresh stuff its the bits thats been there a while thats ******* me off it just wont move.

Buy yourself a nice big botle of fairy liquid and use as hot water as your hands can stand to wash the car with. I work in a garage and all the sales cars are parked under oak trees and so get caked in the stuff in the summer... Proper nightmare! We tried everything from traffic film remover to panel wipe to shift it and then one day we ran out of wash'n'wax and had to use fairy (other brands are available) liquid... Give it a try dude, what have you got to lose?!

been there even had a hot kettle out with me.its a right pain in the ****

might be a case for some sort of cutting compoud and a PC if all else has failed?

I'd wait until next week when the professional deatailers are back on the forum after the weekend. I'm sure one of these guys will have some useful guidance and a solution to the problem.