snow foam and jet washer

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Hiya

I've bought myself a snow foam gun but the connection on it is for a hose pipe and not for a jet wash. Where can I get a hose that will connect to the jet wash and has the quick release hose adaptor on the end?

Thanks

J.

Err, if you have the Foamaster II, it's only designed to be used on the end of a hoselock hose, not to be attached to a jet washer? I do know of one or two folk that have tried attaching their Gilmour's to jet washers, but it does not work that well; better to use it on the end of the hose in my opinion! If you want to source a connecting hose though, best bet is to go to B&Q and buy a short length of hose, plus the quick release connectors (they'll be in small packets alongside the hoses - then go home, cut the hose down to the desired length, and fit the connectors (they just push on to the hose ends and then screw tight). Hope that helps! :)

Ah ok fair enough, I thought it needed more pressure to generate the foam. Attached to a hose it doesn't produce the foam like Ihave seen in the pictures on here!

J

marriedblonde said:
Ah ok fair enough, I thought it needed more pressure to generate the foam. Attached to a hose it doesn't produce the foam like Ihave seen in the pictures on here!

J

What's your water pressure like? IIRC those things need a fair amount of pressure to really work.

Also make sure you dont have any of the "stop" connectors (the ones with red fittings) as I understand that they can lower the flow rate by as much as 30%!!!

What product and solution are you using in the gun?

marriedblonde said:

J

If you don't have a pressure washer, a Gilmour Foamaster Foam Gun will fit a standard garden hose and deliver good bubbly foam (providing your water pressure is reasonably good). Use it with Meguiars Hyper Wash for best results. See here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb119wash.html

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb243wash.html

Here is an example of the Gilmour in action...

q7sline3.jpg

However, as you say, to get really thick, clinging foam you need a dedicated lance that fits onto a pressure washer; these lances produce loads of ultra thick clinging foam, and can be used effectively with Hyper Wash and all other degreasers, all purpose cleaners and shampoos. Here is an example of the Auto-Brite lance for Karcher fitments in action...

gti050607b.jpg

:)

Rich,

How much product do you put in your bottle to make thick foam like that? Do you top the bottle up with water?

I have been using sno foam and hyperwash but it is never that thick!?

2-3 pumps of Hyper Wash in a 1 L bottle, topped up to the brim with hot water, with the foam gun set to max, produces foam like that. What lance have you got?

Well I've invested in the AutoBrite lance and I have 5 litres of their Snow Foam and I can't get it as thick and sticky as you've got it in the pics.

Still does a good pre-wash job but I'd like to get it as thick as you have it.

When you say Foamgun set to max, is that with the screw all the way in or out ?

Thanks.

Paul

On ours, with the screw all the way in. Snow foam varies in quality too, so try making up a stronger mix in the bottle (and using hot water, which helps to activate the foam). If it still plays up, try switching to Meguiars Hyper Wash next time you need to buy foam. :yes:

Thanks Mate,

I will try that this weekend if/when I wash the cars (weather depending).

Did the A3 in the rain last weekend (was forcast to be cloudy but not raining on the Saturday). Boy did I get cold Brrrr.

Paul

Where would I buy an Autobrite lance? Also are they compatible with all Karcher pressure washers?

tris88 said:
Where would I buy an Autobrite lance? Also are they compatible with all Karcher pressure washers?

All domestic units yes; a different fitting applies to the bigger commercial HD series units. Just note that in a minority of cases the lances can be a very tight fit onto the Karcher gun; sometimes to the point where you have to drill out the brass barrel on the new lance a wee bit. This is dead easy and no big deal, but just worth knowing before you buy. :icon_thumright:

Ahh okay, cheers. Will probably buy a pressure washer and lance soon as I will prob go halves with my bro (helps having someone else around who likes to take care of their car :thumbsup:)

Just received my new autobrite lance and megs hyper wash,i was amazed how well it works,thick foam straight away and so easy to wash car now.Only one downside,getting rid of all that sticky foam off the drive ,pavement and road.lol.Thanks for your advise,cheers Andy

ANDYTQ said:
Just received my new autobrite lance and megs hyper wash,i was amazed how well it works,thick foam straight away and so easy to wash car now.Only one downside,getting rid of all that sticky foam off the drive ,pavement and road.lol.Thanks for your advise,cheers Andy

******, I was about to invest in one of these until you posted this up Andy, how bads the foam? My drive is angles towards the house and has a small drain right in front of the garage, and my garage floods with water in heavy rain, so does all the foam disappear with watering down from a hose?