Polished Bliss: Last Maintainance visit for the S3....

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
This was the 6th month of a 12 month maintainance plan for Chris' S3, but the last one before the plan gets switched over to his new car which arrives on the 1st of September (jammy git!).
I'm sure many will recognise the car as its been posted a couple of times since its major correction detail back in February, here it is looking dirtier than usual:

Cs3k-2.jpg

Cs3h-2.jpg

The car at this point was currently sporting its 5th coat of Vintage but chris wanted the car machined again, as some minimal swirling had re-appeared and some random scratches due to a dent removal guy, nothing major though :)

It almost felt a crime stripping the Vintage off as the car looks stupidly wet and glossy when clean but you gotta do what you gotta do! :D

The car was washed in the usual way, but foamed with degreaser instead of regular shampoo and insted of Zymöl Clear in the bucket i used a fairly strong citrus degreaser to dry and remove as much of the wax as possible. Even after this, the Vintage was obviously putting up a fight as the car still had decent beading!

The wheels were cleaned with a non-acidic tyre and wheel gel.

I then spot clayed a few areas to remove any tar spots but other than that the car was still silky smooth :thumb:

The car was driven inside after being dried with the leaf blower and then taped up for the polishing stage.

Despite mimimal swirling and marring, i used the stronger of the 2 finishing polishes with a polishing pad @1500rpm's as the paint is very hard on this car:

Cs3d-2.jpg

After each panel was polished out, i inspected my work with my VW Touareg Torch as usual, just as good as a brinkmann in my eyes, but cheaper, i've used mine for the last year or two and its great :) :

Cs3f-2.jpg

The polishing was done in just over 4 and a half hours, mainly due to the fact i could polish larger areas than usual due to the defects being minor. Once this was done i then dusted the car down with the Zymöl duster to remove the polishing dust:

Cs3b-2.jpg

Next step was the HD Cleanse. I use a MF pad for this, spritzed with 3 or 4 sprays of QD to dampen it first. 4 Drops to begin with, then just the 1 after that....

Cs3-2.jpg

The HD Cleanse is worked into the paint with moderate pressure in straight lines....

Cs3l-2.jpg

...Then lightly spritzed with QD:

Cs3i-2.jpg

This makes removal of the HDC dead easy, 3 or 4 passes with the MF and its completely gone, if you find it difficult to remove the HDC then there's something wrong - as it should be a nice easy step :thumb:

The HD Cleanse stage was followed up with the re-application of the Vintage wax, applied by the red side of a German Pad:

Cs3g-2.jpg

As we keep our pot in the fridge, its quite easy to get a nice even coverage on the pad:

Cs3e-2.jpg

The amount of wax seen on the pad in the pic above is enough to do the bonnet, wings, roof and at least one side of the car before going back to the pot for more:

Cs3c-2.jpg

The wax curing, its such a thin coat that you can barely see it:

Cs3a-2.jpg

This was then left on the entire car for a good hour while i touched in a few stone chips on the rear wheels and went to the post office to send out some parcels :)

When i returned i buffed off the wax, which came off with ease despite the unit being farely warm today. I then sealed the wheels...

Cs3m-2.jpg

...and dressed the tyres:

Cs3j-2.jpg

The glass was also cleaned and the tail pipes polished up, before giving the car a final wipe down with Field Glaze.
after pics:

Cs3t-1.jpg

Cs3u-1.jpg

Cs3x-1.jpg

Cs3w-1.jpg

Cs3v-1.jpg

Cs3s-1.jpg

Cs3r-1.jpg

Cs3q-1.jpg

Cs3p-1.jpg

Cs3n-1.jpg

Cs3o-1.jpg

Despite the car now only having one coat of Vintage on now it came up great and Chris was chuffed to bits - the S3 is soon to be more of a show car or something else to have fun in when he gets bored of his new toy (doubt that will ever happen!), all i can say is i cant wait till we get our hands on it and get 4 or 5 coats on that one! :thumb:

Thanks for looking as always :)

very good clark nice job - do you recommend keeping any wax on for about an hour to cure?

I am using Nattys Blue on my mauritius blue a3 by the way

Looking great again! :hubbahubba:

When are you gonna end the suspense and tell us what your getting Chris?

Clark@Polishedbliss said:
depends on the wax/conditions really, Nattys is fine to leave on as long as you want though :)

well, if you leave it on a longer period of time will it have a better finish?

cheers clark!

my nattys blue pot is running out so i am interested in trying something different for my car

i recently purchased some HD cleanse so what would you recommend to tie along with that?

S3Steve said:
When are you gonna end the suspense and tell us what your getting Chris?

Lol, no real secret - I'm getting an RS4 Avant. Sprint blue with black optics. Should be fun...

but chris take of the rs3 badge:asskicking::no::keule::nunu:

Heheheh, I like to think I can just about get away with it. Besides, keeps the scoobies trying, and accepting it when the silver platter comes out.

:wtf: Keeps the scoobies tryin eh?:keule: Loooollll!! Suppose you never had a rev-up with an STI or a PPP then??? Or you would'nt be servin up any silver platters that day...mmmm think im gonna go and hunt an RS4 for my scoob to beat up.(again)! :nunu: :moa: :asskicking:

46TheDoctor said:
:wtf: Keeps the scoobies tryin eh?:keule: Loooollll!! Suppose you never had a rev-up with an STI or a PPP then??? Or you would'nt be servin up any silver platters that day...mmmm think im gonna go and hunt an RS4 for my scoob to beat up.(again)! :nunu: :moa: :asskicking:

Jeebus, that font overload was giving me a headache. And yes, PPPs and STIs, type UKs, etc. Suppose you've never been up against a properly modded S3 then???

Boydie said:
cheers clark!

my nattys blue pot is running out so i am interested in trying something different for my car

i recently purchased some HD cleanse so what would you recommend to tie along with that?

Zymol Carbon is an obvious choice for a leap up the quality table and a perfect partner for your HD-Cleanse. :)

Chris dont make me laugh, youd have to spend ££££££'s to even get the 4.6 0-60 that the PPP comes with standard! Let alone better it!!! You can fetch ur RS4 too. Bring ur 400+bhp RS4 and ill bring my 430bhp scoob that weighs half as much and we'll do some silver platter swinging.:lazy: And no i aint been up against a properly modded Golf in a froc, but i sure as hell aint concerned either.:asskicking:

46TheDoctor said:
Chris dont make me laugh, youd have to spend ££££££'s to even get the 4.6 0-60 that the PPP comes with standard! Let alone better it!!! You can fetch ur RS4 too. Bring ur 400+bhp RS4 and ill bring my 430bhp scoob that weighs half as much and we'll do some silver platter swinging.:lazy: And no i aint been up against a properly modded Golf in a froc, but i sure as hell aint concerned either.:asskicking:

Go and post on Scoobynet where someone gives a $hit then, stop spamming our detailing posts!! :icon_thumright: :moa: