Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: Quick query.

1st Gear

Status

Quick query.

Guys,

I have just finished washing my motor and it took longer than planned, mother ringing and all that! I was going to polish and wax it, but it is to dark and damp now.

So in the morning weather permitting, before I polish it will I need to wash the car again? Or will a dousing with the Gilmour and a rinse off do the trick before I polish it?

Also what sort of results will I get from Autoglym SRP and Megs NXT Speed wax? I have not gotten round to getting the decent kit from PB yet!

Cheers

Terry

57 Plate Imola Yellow S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Polished Bliss

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymcg
    Guys,

I have just finished washing my motor and it took longer than planned, mother ringing and all that! I was going to polish and wax it, but it is to dark and damp now.

So in the morning weather permitting, before I polish it will I need to wash the car again? Or will a dousing with the Gilmour and a rinse off do the trick before I polish it?

Also what sort of results will I get from Autoglym SRP and Megs NXT Speed wax? I have not gotten round to getting the decent kit from PB yet!

Cheers

Terry
    I would just foam it and rinse it; this will be enough to remove any muck that may have settled on it overnight. SRP and NXT wax should yield a decent enough result, with a nice wet shine, both are fine enough products.