Zymol silencing the public

batwad

Reaction score
Now that is the most backwards thing I have heard of in some time. If Zymol want their products to be exclusive then why sell in Halfords? And to threaten a forum (DW) that must make up a large proportion of their market seems very short-sighted.

Unfortunately i cant read the threads/posts on DW as it says i have to log in.
Could some one briefly give me the gist of what has happened, or tell me the problem that Zymol have?

Essentially some bloke has been given the job of googling forums and sites on the internet. Any person/site that isn't an 'approved detailer', which costs £5k, is being told to remove all reference to Zymol. Apparently they are trying to protect their brand.

Bit of a strange one this and yes, disappointing. I love their Carbon and Glasur waxes. Do they really expect communities not to have an opinion on their products? I appreciate that image matters in lots of things, and cars are no different - let's be honest. However, you cannot silence opinion on products. If you try to do this then there is no point in making products!!! I'm not going to stop buying their products I don't think but the Zymol person with the sensible hat on needs to come forward very soon because it is not good to do this to the UK's forum of detailers. DW forum is actually very influential.

I somehow think that their position has accelerated as a result of the recent ZDOUK half-price sale of their products, and Clean and Shiny's recent sale also.

Their treatment of some of the detailers and their website contents is not really sustainable. I'm off to treat myself to a Chinese meal tonight. I hope I like it because if I don't, and I tell someone, then I may get a visit from the Inverclyde Triads. Even if I told everyone it was a great meal, the Triads would still turn up at my door and warn me not to tell anyone. Can you picture this scenario because I can't. But Zymol think this is acceptable! Consequently, somebody at Zymol has to stand up and be counted before their lawyers have to do it for them. :think:

The thing with Z**** is your paying for a brand name (past tense i guess now), theres better stuff out there performance and looks wise. For example, i used Glasur on my dads car yesterday and got holograms, no problem i thought i'll wipe it down with field glaze in a couple of hours. Did this 2hrs later and it didn't shift them, so thought i'd try Sonus Carnauba Spritz. Perfect finish from product that cost half the money. Still, looking forward to trying Swissvax's range, Zaino is still No1 for me though.

leecs3 said:
The thing with Z**** is your paying for a brand name (past tense i guess now), theres better stuff out there performance and looks wise.

Lol, that's what we thought until we tried Vintage, but now we've ended up between a rock and a hard place. Can't live with it, can't live without it...

In fairness, I think the current zymol policy is too strong with regards to the use of the brand name, but equally I know that a lot more has been made of events over the last week or so than needed to be the case. I've seen too much heavyhandedness from all sides lately.

WTF? Who cares....30+ pages all about an argumant about freakin car wax and a name...!?

Just dont buy the stuff if you dont like the people or company..?

Its wax....for a car...... in my opinion its obscene spending the sort fo cash they sell that high end stuff for, no matter how much better it purports to be.....its freakin wax......for a car ***!!