Wheel arches finally done

Glenn A4

Loving the A4
Reaction score
The car was pretty clean so i thought i would just do the inside and then try and get the arches cleaned up. Ended up washing the whole car in and out and including all the door shuts.

First took one wheel off at a time pretty grubby arches there.

Front before
wheelarches6.jpg

Used the pressure washer to get most of the dirt off then soaked them in APC and left for 5 mins then scrubbed them down with some soapy water and blasted off again.
Then i used some AG engine degresser agitated with a brush and left for a further 15mins then a final blast with the pressure washer.

After front
wheelarches7.jpg

Still not fantastic but i good improvement seeming the car is 10years old and this was probably the first time this has been done..

Rear before
wheelarches11.jpg

Rear after

wheelarches.jpg

Wheels before
wheelarches9.jpg

Wheels after

wheelarches1.jpg

And a couple of shots after i washed her not wax just a wash with megs nxt gen and then some elite snow foam and dryied nothing special but still looks nice..

wheelarches2.jpg

wheelarches3.jpg

Great job there Glenn. It's one of those jobs that waits and waits but you've done the motor proud mate.

Car's looking good.:respekt:

That 4th photo... whats the multicoloured stuff under the arches? Looks like rust, bare metal, primer? Did you strip the paint off??

My arches are always covered with a nice layer of dinitrol or waxoyl to keep them rust-free :)

DiscoPanda said:
That 4th photo... whats the multicoloured stuff under the arches? Looks like rust, bare metal, primer? Did you strip the paint off??

My arches are always covered with a nice layer of dinitrol or waxoyl to keep them rust-free :)

are you talking about the rear arches if so its the refection of my back gate. and its on plastic there is no bare metal