Cleaning seats

nick-A6

Reaction score
Hi
Im after some really good cleaning product for washing my seats, there a light grey cloth seats and could really do with a good shampoo/clean.
Any really good ones out there?

cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

If you're into taking your back seat (the bum bit, not the backrest) out then I'd recommend unclipping the cover and putting it in for a proper bath with liquid gentle detergent. I done this on my 02 when I was getting fed up with kid stains. A good couple of rinses in bath or wash machine (don't let it spin too far into cycle!) and it should come up new. I was impressed. I looked at doing the same with the front seats but found out it would take me a few hours as the actual seats have to be removed from the car and partly disassembled.

Alternatively:

1. Strong vacuum clean.
2. Brushed using upholstery brush to loosen further ingrained stuff.
3. Vacuum again.
4. Meguiars' APC cut 10:1 using foaming trigger - leave for minute or so and agitate with clean upholst brush.
5. Wipe over with damp MF cloth, again if needed, keep rinsing cloth so it's as clean as poss.
6. Allow to dry. Towels on top might help to soak up the main. Or if you've got wetvac?

Worked well for me on front seats.

When fully dried, I treated all fabrics to 303 Fabric Guard protection and think it's doing a great job 3 months later. There are other APCs and fabric prot out there. This is what worked for me mate. Let's know how you get on.

Hope this helps.

:icon_thumright: