Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: Clay Bar

Neutral

Status

Question Clay Bar

Hi

I like to look after my car (well the exterior anyway) and I have learnt loads through this site.

I do the wash, polish and wax every few months but after all this effort I can still feel tiny bits of muck on the surface. I've never used a clay bar before and from reading what other people say about them I know I'm missing out!

What make of bar and lubricant does everyone use and is there a partivular one that is better than the rest?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    just a cheapie meguires gold-class quik detailer and claybar kit from halfords here. Does me fine, and it feels smooth afterwards.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madvw
    just a cheapie meguires gold-class quik detailer and claybar kit from halfords here. Does me fine, and it feels smooth afterwards.
    Thats what i used when i did it for the first time. I wound recommend it. Its mild its good for beginners.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

Boydie
    poor boys clay bar is very good too - lifts grime and tar a lot easier than the megs clay bar

check out polishedbliss or cleanyourcar websites for other options!

1st Gear

Status
    Sonus green very mild good to start out on.For lub i use Poorboys spray & wipe, very lagre bottle, you can never have enough, even buy it buy the gallon & use it for drying & wiping down.
    S-Line

1st Gear

Status
    I bought Sonus grey by accident should have ordered green - Grey is a bit harder than green. Which might come in more useful when i use it on my fathers car......(vw passat taxi in one hell of a state)

Megs last touch quick detailer - by the gallon - dilute it with water 1:1.
    And use it to aid drying - excellent stuff - and smells nice too.

I used it for the first time recently and was very very impressed with the results - the looks better and paint is very smooth.
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 S-Line DSG (Met Silver - Bose - Symphony II - 6 CD Changer - Audi Phone Kit - iPod - Center Arm Rest)
    SOLD Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja (b1h) (Met Black - Steering Damper - Fabbri Screen - Scorpion Exhaust - Braided Hoses - Seat Cowl - Mini indicators - Pirelli Diablo Corsa III Dual Compound Tyres)

Neutral

Status
    Thanks people. I'm new to it so I will have a go with the meguires gold-class quick detailer and claybar kit from halfords as mentioned.

Thanks again.

Polished Bliss

Status
    Digest this beforehand too, it will help you to acheive the best possible results first time round...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...des_clean.html

For me, Megs Quik Clay is the product to go for when new to claying; it's very safe, easy to use, and good value for money.