Chris NottBadger5

Thread: PC UK release

Reverse Gear

Status

PC UK release

Does any1 know when the PC is getting released in the UK?

I 've decided to bite the bullet and buy a PC polisher. Was away 2 order 1 from the states, but if it's coming out over here I might just wait.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Why buy that brand? Any orbital sander with an eccentric mechanism and the ability to use polishing pads will do the same job. Bosch do one.

The important bit is that it has an eccentric gearing mechanism, I'm sure PC have lots of addons specific to auto detailing, but it seems a bit over the top unless you do it for a living.
    2.0T FSi quattro Sline - Lava Grey
    Bose/Symphony

Reverse Gear

Status
    Was thinking about that, but most of the decent sanders were almost the same price. Thought I'd be better going for 1 with a proven track record. Was also concerned about getting one with different osscilation speed, incase I damaged my paint.

VOIP Dude

Status
    You also need to make sure that it does not have too high a speed - the porter cables have a low speed, essential for good (and not damaging) results
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

Polished Bliss

Status
    The throw of the oscillation is the key difference; the PC has a throw of just over an inch, whereas most sanders have a throw of 6-8mm. This means more friction with the sanders, and friction isn't always a good thing in the hands of novices. A UK clone of the PC called the Ultimate Detailing Machine is set to be released in July this year (230V, CE certified), with Meguiars releasing another version in the autumn.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51TXR
    The throw of the oscillation is the key difference; the PC has a throw of just over an inch, whereas most sanders have a throw of 6-8mm. This means more friction with the sanders, and friction isn't always a good thing in the hands of novices. A UK clone of the PC called the Ultimate Detailing Machine is set to be released in July this year (230V, CE certified), with Meguiars releasing another version in the autumn.
    Have you tried out the UDM yet, there seem to be some mixed reports about this ?. Are you going to sell this when available ?

Polished Bliss

Status
    Will be trying out one soon, then we'll see. I have a couple of other machines to try out too, just got to let my feet hit the deck first after the move.