PC UK release

Hammy

Reaction score
Does any1 know when the PC is getting released in the UK?

I 've decided to bite the bullet and buy a PC polisher. Was away 2 order 1 from the states, but if it's coming out over here I might just wait.

Why buy that brand? Any orbital sander with an eccentric mechanism and the ability to use polishing pads will do the same job. Bosch do one.

The important bit is that it has an eccentric gearing mechanism, I'm sure PC have lots of addons specific to auto detailing, but it seems a bit over the top unless you do it for a living.

Was thinking about that, but most of the decent sanders were almost the same price. Thought I'd be better going for 1 with a proven track record. Was also concerned about getting one with different osscilation speed, incase I damaged my paint.

You also need to make sure that it does not have too high a speed - the porter cables have a low speed, essential for good (and not damaging) results

The throw of the oscillation is the key difference; the PC has a throw of just over an inch, whereas most sanders have a throw of 6-8mm. This means more friction with the sanders, and friction isn't always a good thing in the hands of novices. A UK clone of the PC called the Ultimate Detailing Machine is set to be released in July this year (230V, CE certified), with Meguiars releasing another version in the autumn. :)

WX51TXR said:
The throw of the oscillation is the key difference; the PC has a throw of just over an inch, whereas most sanders have a throw of 6-8mm. This means more friction with the sanders, and friction isn't always a good thing in the hands of novices. A UK clone of the PC called the Ultimate Detailing Machine is set to be released in July this year (230V, CE certified), with Meguiars releasing another version in the autumn. :)

Have you tried out the UDM yet, there seem to be some mixed reports about this ?. Are you going to sell this when available ?

Will be trying out one soon, then we'll see. I have a couple of other machines to try out too, just got to let my feet hit the deck first after the move. :)