Polished Bliss: Think there's a lexus under those swirls....

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
This was my first paint correction detail in about a week, and nothing better to bring me back down to earth than a solid black car swirled to death!

Rich had viewed the car some time ago and had informed me that it was "one of the worst" car's he'd seen, to be honest i didnt think much of it cos i've heard it before :D

However, when i saw the car sat in our new premises yesterday morning all washed and dried (which Rich had done the night previous) the words that came out of my mouth can't be repeated! :cool:

The swirls & scratches are bad in the pics but they were alot worse in person!

Clexusc.jpg

Clexusa.jpg

Clexus-1.jpg

Clexusb.jpg

The next problem was that the owner was on a tight budget and could only stretch to 10 hours worth of detailing in total, so we agreed to hit each panel once with Menz IP 3.02 (paint was 90-110 microns) & what came out came out, what didnt was just going to have to stay there unfortunately.

I knew from this point onwards it wasnt going to be the most rewarding or satisfying detail as alot of those scratches were'nt going to budge. None the less, i had a job to do so i set about trying to get rid of as much of the defects as possible in one go.

Menz IP 3.02 with a Megs Polishing Pad @1800rpm's with the Makita gave the following results:

Clexuse.jpg

Clexusp.jpg

Still a couple of random deeper scratches remained but a pretty good improvement i'm sure you'll agree :)

The tighter areas such as the door handles/wing mirrors etc were done with IP and the PC with a 4" CCs spot pad:

Door handle before:

Clexusl.jpg

Door handle after:

Clexusm.jpg

The B-Pillars were also done:

Before:

Clexusf.jpg

After:

Clexusg.jpg

Once the polishing stage was completed, Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant was applied with a german applicator pad and left to cure while i sealed the wheels with PB Wheel Sealant & dressed the tyres with Blackfire Tyre Gel.

The glass was cleaned with Zymol HDC, exhaust tip polished with Blackfire Fine Cut Metal Polish, arches dressed with Meguiars All Season Dressing & the Wet Diamond was then buffed off with a PB DMT :)

After Pics:

Clexusj.jpg

Clexusk.jpg

Clexusn.jpg

Clexuso.jpg

Clexusq.jpg

Clexusr.jpg

Clexuss.jpg

Clexust.jpg

Clexusu.jpg

Clexusw.jpg

Clexusv.jpg

Clexush.jpg

When the owner arrived to pick the car up he was over the moon with the difference made - he was genuinely one of the most appreciative customers we've had in a while, so while it wasnt that rewarding for me having to leave the car with defects left it certainly gave me alot of satisfaction seeing how happy the customer was :)

Thanks for looking :thumb:

Smashing, hope to be up your way one day

I've added my comments on DW, but again a fantastic bit of work.

What did it feel like in the new prems? Is this the first car to be done there?

Think the prems suit the photos.

Wish you lived down here, I would have you do my audi anyday.
Had ago myself with clay is alot more shiny, but definetly needs machine work.

jr001 said:
I've added my comments on DW, but again a fantastic bit of work.

What did it feel like in the new prems? Is this the first car to be done there?

Think the prems suit the photos.

Yeah this was the first one in the new unit mate, it was great having so much space and decent lighting!

It will be a hell of alot better when its all finished and decorated though :rockwoot: