My Leon Cupra R

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
As some of you may know, i have been absolutely dying to get my Leon detailed and up to the standard i'd like it to be for months and months now, but due to a hectic time where we've seen the diary get mega busy with customer details I only managed to get the chance on fri afternoon and all this weekend.

The car wasnt exactly bad before but the last time it was waxed/sealed was back in November(!!!), so the beading was pretty pathetic by now :eek:

So here it is, feeling all sorry for itself:

CLCRzz.jpg

The last time the car was touched with an abrasive polish was around 8 months ago i think (it could be longer) and this was the state of the paintwork (the car was dusty so it hides some light marring):

CLCRz.jpg

It just goes to show that with the correct wash & dry technique you really can keep a car pretty much swirl free for long periods of time - my car gets foamed 2 or 3 times before the mitt wash and this will obviously play a huge part in keeping the paint in great shape :)

So, onto the detail :

The engine bay had been annoying me for ages as it had managed to collect a fair amount of dust etc:

CLCRd.jpg

So, first step was to soak the engine with Meguiars safe De-greaser (4:1) and left for 10/15 mins:

CLCRf.jpg

It was then Pressure washed and dried off before i dressed it with
Aerospace 303 protectant (this was done much later on but i'll put it in here to keep things simple :)):

CLCRe.jpg

CLCRg.jpg

CLCRh.jpg

The car was then foamed with Megs APC through the AB foam lance and left to dwell for 5 mins. I then pressure washed off before foaming again with PB Slick and Suds and then washing with the TBM & S&S.

I then Clayed the paint with Zymol Lehm Clay, rinsed it off again and then gave it a quick dry with a waffle weave to get the majority of the water off.

I then jacked the car up and removed a wheel at a time (these were sealed with PB wheel Sealant & the tyres dressed with Blackfire Tyre Gel) to get the arches cleaned out properly:

before:

CLCR.jpg

I soaked the arches with Meguiars Safe Degreaser (4:1) & Autosmart Tar & Glue remover then scrubbed with a Meguiars Upholstery brush twice and then pressure washed off. Everything was then dried and dressed with Megs All Season Dressing. I also painted the centres of my discs black (hammerite) and polished up the calipers (these are getting re-furbed when i get a chance as the laquer's flaking off in bits) with Jeffs Prime Strong before applying PB Wheel Sealant.

after:

CLCRa.jpg

Before i started the polishing stage i touched in some stone chips i'd collected over the last 6 months or so and sanded them flat with 3000 unigrit:

CLCRb.jpg

These areas were then polished with Menzerna IP 3.02 and a megs polishing pad@1500rpm's to remove the sanding marks.

The rest of the car was done with Menz PO85RD and a Megs finishing pad @1500rpm's, with the lower halfs of the car and back bumper receiving 106ff & a polishing pad as the marring was slightly worse on these sections.

I then HD Cleansed the paint & glass as usual and applied Zymol Vintage by hand to all exterior surfaces including the grills/wiper blades & arms/window rubbers etc.

While this was "gassing" i polished the exhaust tip and gave the interior a quick once over before applying Poorboys Natural Look to all plastics.
Normally i'd have gone for Zymol Vinyl but i decided to use the PB stuff up and save the Vinyl for customers cars :D

A couple of interior shots (no befores as its never really that dirty):

CLCRj.jpg

CLCRk.jpg

A couple of hours later i gave the car the mandatory final wipe down with Zymol Field Glaze to remove any smears and then rolled the car outside for the afters, along with its new number plates and alloys :D

CLCRl.jpg

CLCRn.jpg

CLCRo.jpg

CLCRc.jpg

CLCRp.jpg

CLCRq.jpg

CLCRm.jpg

CLCRs.jpg

CLCRw.jpg

CLCRv.jpg

CLCRu.jpg

CLCRt.jpg

CLCRx.jpg

CLCRy.jpg

CLCRr.jpg

CLCRi.jpg

I started the car on Friday afternoon and only just finished this evening, so it wasnt really much of a weekend off from detailing, but i enjoyed it all the same seeings as it was on my car :D

also, what are peoples opinions on the ride height of the car? I think i'm going to lower it by another 10/15mm as i think it still sits a wee bit high...opinions?

thanks for looking! :thumb:

Glad you were able to give yourself a wee treat there. Great finish and spread of colour. Thought the car looked ox'd in that 'sorry' photo.

The ride height's fine. Any lower and............................................

car looks awesome mate-good work!
is cleaning the engine safe? does the twister induction kit make much difference to the performance?cheers

Lee

Agree - ride height is spot on mate - I wouldn't lower it any more - filling the arches nicely, any lower and the tyres will sit in the arches - not a fan of that look personally.

Great job on the car as always - weather permitting the S3 is getting the treatment this weekend!

id lower it a bit more at the back to be honest - looks a bit high!

but great job - i really would like to spend more time on my car at the minute!

also, how come you have a Northern Irish plate? are you originally from here or buy the car from NI?

Boydie said:
id lower it a bit more at the back to be honest - looks a bit high!

but great job - i really would like to spend more time on my car at the minute!

also, how come you have a Northern Irish plate? are you originally from here or buy the car from NI?

Just bought the plate a couple of years ago cos over here its classed more as a private plate :)

Ah no sweat! you can get NI numbers with 1-4 digits by the way

most popular seem to be 2 digit plates eg BBZ **

Do you not need to cover anything when soaking / pressure washing the engine bay?

Your car looks the bolloxs mate like to see people taking pride in there paint work have u ever used diamondbrite on your paint! Your car is sitting nice a wouldnt mess with it real eye turner well done tek a boo son :o.k:lol !

diamondbrite? Dont make me laugh LOL!

The Vintage thats on the car WILL actually last for at least 12 months, DB comes no where near that i'm afraid...

Engine bays - just cover up any exposed electrical componants etc and dont go daft with the pressure washer :)