Help detailing a Black S3

twist

Reaction score
Due to collect my S3 this weekend. After some advice.

I read the fantastic guide on black cars. And have taken it all on board.

However couple of questions, the black diamond stuff mentioned in the thread is a sealant? So would I need to polish it before applying this after claying and washing.

I will be doing this by hand for the time being. So some advice on what products would be great

Cheers

Yes Wet Diamond is a sealant mate.

Your car may not even need claying, its more than likely that it will but we have done a few new cars that have been silky smooth so no claying was needed.

If you do then a mild clay will be all thats needed, just make sure you use plenty of lube to help keep any marring to a minimum.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish would be a good polish to use afterwards as its easy to use, will remove any light marring the clay induces and it will leave a nice basecoat for the Wet Diamond to be applied to.

Along with careful washing with the 2 bucket wash process and a decent lambswool wash mitt & Waffle weave drying towel - that should be pretty much all you need to keep it looking great :)

(providing the Audi dealership doesnt swirl the $hit out of your paint!)

Magic Clark thanks for the Advice. I wont be buying my S3 from an Audi Stealer I mean dealer ;) its a private sale.

Will get the order in tomorrow. Allready have the waffle drying towel and will get a Lambs wool mit and use my old mit for the wheels.

Cheers

Bits all ordered from you guys

Thanks for the help again. Realised I had some Super Resin Polish in the garage still and the Meg Clay kit as well

:icon_thumright:

Will do :icon_thumright:

One last question upon further inspection it seems that there are quite a lot of swirls, what would be the best stuff by hand to at least help remove some of these?

Thanks