Polished Bliss: GT3-kitted Carrera s

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
At long last I finally found time to do a car on my own for a change! Expect a lot more write up's from me again over the coming months, now that Mrs Bliss has taken over the running of the store. Not a bad one to start with either, a simple Zymöl protection detail on this rather tasty GT3-kitted Carrera S...

997csgt3a.jpg

The car was registered in January, and was used as a demonstrater by the Aberdeen Porsche Centre until the start of April, when a regular customer of our's bought it. The Porsche Centre's preparation for the handover left a lot to be desired, with a huge amount of tar contamination left on the inner rims, glass polish residue all over the interior, and product residues in many of the exterior seams...

997csgt3b.jpg

First job was a thorough wash with a citrus degreaser, applied using the Gilmour as my new foam lance refused to connect to my old power washer trigger handle (typical, bought a new handle and it's working fine now)...

997csgt3c.jpg

After the initial wash and power rinse, the wheels ended up looking like this; still covered in plenty of brake dust and bonded grime/tar...

997csgt3d.jpg

So, the next step was to use a wheel spoke brush and a pH neutral gel to gently lift and remove the bonded grime and brake dust...

997csgt3e.jpg

...which left the wheels looking like this...

997csgt3f.jpg

...better, but still covered in bonded tar spots, which can be seen here in more detail...

997csgt3g.jpg

Perfectly clean wheels right through to the rear are a must in our book, so I then proceeded to use a tar and glue remover and a combination of mitt and brush work to remove all traces of the tar...

997csgt3h.jpg

...and after a final rinse, the wheels were left looking like this; perfectly clean and ready for drying and subsequent coats of protection...

997csgt3i.jpg

Everything else on the car was relatively straightforward, with only the interior requiring more work than expected (thorough APC wash down to remove engrained glass polish residue from vinyl surfaces, dry, hoover, leather feed). I didn't get any decent shots of the interior work as by the end of the afternoon I was short on time (the above wheel cleaning work took over an hour longer than expected). After applying HD-Cleanse and the Vintage, I then moved onto the little details, cleaning/dressing the boot and engine bay, and interior work whilst waiting for the oils in the wax to rise...

Exhaust Tip Before

997csgt3j.jpg

Exhaust Tip After

997csgt3k.jpg

Boot After Cleaning/Dressing

997csgt3l.jpg

Engine Bay After Cleaning/Dressing

997csgt3m.jpg

Wheel After Sealing/Dressing

997csgt3n.jpg

By the end of the afternoon the sky had turned flat grey and it had begun to drizzle, so sadly no fantastic after shots outside, but these give a reasonable taste of the final finish...

997csgt3o.jpg

997csgt3p.jpg

997csgt3q.jpg

997csgt3r.jpg

Total work time 8 hours, broken down into 1.5 hours for initial wash (including glue and tar removal step), 1 hour for extra wheel cleaning work, 1 hour for the HD-Cleanse step, 1 hour for the Vintage application/removal, 1.5 hours for cleaning/dressing the details (tips, wheels, boot, engine bay, shuts), 1.5 hours for the interior work and 0.5 hours for the final Field Glaze wipe down and checks.

:)

Fantastic looking car Rich. Sounds like you had a ball getting free from Clark and the missus. I bet you enjoyed yourself.

I know you have to see it in the flesh but I think I'm begining to see what the Vintage does.

A super job. Well done!:respekt:

Car looks mint, well happy with the wheels and exhaust finish