Feck !!!

ANNANBHOY

Livin' It Up !
Reaction score
just started washing my new red A4 for the 1st time. started on the bonnet. as it was drying I notice its turned duller and is all completely scratched ! brand new sponge and only used a bucket of water, no hose etc !!!!

stopped straight away ! gonna have to call the dealers tomorrow !!

well i think u need to start with a proper wash technique.
have u still got the receipe for the sponge? if not throw it away cause u wont be needing that. Get yourself a good quality lambswool microfibre mitt, the mitt allows dirt particles to sink to the bottom of the microfibre whereas the dirt stays on the surface of the sponge and causes those scratches.
you may also want to invest in another bucket. this is because u need to start using the 2 bucket method which involves warm water/shampoo in one bucket and plain cold water in the other. u need to dunk the mitt in the cold water after each pass to get rid off loose dirt on the mitt. Its all about keeping as much dirt of the mitt as possible mate!
to get rid of the scratches u will need to either invest in a porter cable to polish them out or pay a proffessional detailer in your area if you dont want the expense. hope this helps somwhat...

also log onto www.detailingworld.co.uk for really useful info

on top of what has just been said:

Use warm water in your buckets if possibe, you should always pre-rinse a car before washing - if thats not possible then i wouldnt bother washing it at all. Also, use a lambswool wash mitt, not a Microfibre one, these are kinder to your paintwork, MF ones are more suited to your wheels :)

cheers for the info guys. im gutted. ive phoned to dealer and they are gonna get back to me.

looks like a trip to Halfords is needed. anyone recommend any other good products to keep it looking brand new ?

Having some inexperience as well I already used the 2 bucket and not the sponge... I was extremely gentle with it washing my phantom black and could not remove all the dead bugs in the first wash, so instead of doing damage I ask for help... semm my thread please...

Thanks
Pedro

newbiecrg said:
Having some inexperience as well I already used the 2 bucket and not the sponge... I was extremely gentle with it washing my phantom black and could not remove all the dead bugs in the first wash, so instead of doing damage I ask for help... semm my thread please...

Thanks
Pedro

yeh mate it is a bit of a ****** and can prove to be expensive if done wrong. This is the 1st car i really want to take car of but not sure how :icon_thumright:

Have a good read of the thread Polished Bliss car care guide everything you want to know & more.
Their website is great & can recommend the Jeffs product range, really easy to use.

I'm with Stan on this - the JEFFs products are excellent!